Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was at my local Stihl dealer, no Hexa this year in Croatia.
There was a guy I never talked to before and he seemed to know about it, but he did not talk about it.

The wait continues, luckily I am not too interested in the Hexa stuff myself.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's because they know your a Dolkita guy. They only sell to Stihl guys. LOL
I only go there to pick up free stuff, got out of their shop with a calendar, a pen and a lighter.
It was worth it to me, I'll be back for more next turn of the year! :D

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's pretty snazzy, but I wonder if you angle your corner closer to the top plate if it wouldn't work even better for you?
And TRY do what they are intended for? May be a different thread. I have hand filed 2/2 (sq-sq) with a small beak with those chisel bits and also used it off a 2/2 grinder that produced the same -- as the Faller was new to set-up/grinding. Me grinding on his set-up was about the same as my 2/rd at best.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only go there to pick up free stuff, got out of their shop with a calendar, a pen and a lighter.
It was worth it to me, I'll be back for more next turn of the year! :D

You said “Calendar”

Is it a Stihl calendar ;)
Common then post it up in the other thread:) , so we can see:zpong:

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From what I can tell it cuts as fast or faster than round and is easier to sharpen. It bore cuts good too according to the videos. A LOT of people pay $7-10 for a chain sharpening; so, depending on the price and durability of the files, this chain system is a win for a lot of people. I will most likely try it when it is available, at least one chain and one file, why not?
You make some great points there, Mark. What an advancement for the beginner or the people that won't ever accumulate many saw hours. There is so many 'memory references' to guide you with the hex in comparison to a round file. How could husquavarna make the chain and not have Oregon come out with the hex file at the same time? May be a back door deal with Stihl?
For the reasons you listed, I think they will be the beginner file unless the price works.

I just want to kill the hype train.
The hex file and the cut are two different things. I have been in a position where I have had to use a raker file a handfull of times. That will sharpen both side and top plate The difference from the hex is only the gullet. I have used true tri-files also.
If you are addicted to that aggressive pull that I like in a slashing saw then it doesn't have it with the 3 sided file but may likely be nice as a felling chain to use with the dogs. Not as good for boring, though.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You make some great points there, Mark. What an advancement for the beginner or the people that won't ever accumulate many saw hours. There is so many 'memory references' to guide you with the hex in comparison to a round file. How could husquavarna make the chain and not have Oregon come out with the hex file at the same time? May be a back door deal with Stihl?
For the reasons you listed, I think they will be the beginner file unless the price works.

I just want to kill the hype train.
The hex file and the cut are two different things. I have been in a position where I have had to use a raker file a handfull of times. That will sharpen both side and top plate The difference from the hex is only the gullet. I have used true tri-files also.
If you are addicted to that aggressive pull that I like in a slashing saw then it doesn't have it with the 3 sided file but may likely be nice as a felling chain to use with the dogs. Not as good for boring, though.

Oregon has been "bought out" by huge financial firms twice in the last year or so, Husqvarna opened up their own chain factory in Sweden last year, thats how.
I'm glad Husqvarna has in house chain now.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oregon has been "bought out" by huge financial firms twice in the last year or so, Husqvarna opened up their own chain factory in Sweden last year, thats how.
I'm glad Husqvarna has in house chain now.
So Blount no longer is the parent company???

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag