Country flag

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why can't you prune dead ash trees? Because it's dumb or is there a rule against it?

Haha. Pruning usually involves cutting all the dead out of the tree. And half of them aren't safe to climb any more. We've had the beetle out here for over ten years.
Lots of treated Ash to prune though. And occasionally a holdout tree isn't decimated
yet.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a lot done yesterday .Laid the Round Up on my driveway of my shop .Changed the oil in the Ranger and cut down a clutch drum for the 024 Stihl from an 026 drum .Here's the deal on that .According to the Stihl dealer they never offered a rim drive for the early models only a spur .The 026 has a notch for the wire of the center drive oil pump but this 024 has a gear drive and the 026 drum is too deep .I tried cutting it down in the lathe but that steel is as hard as tool steel and with a delayed cut hitting the notch I couldn't hold it true in the chuck .Used a 12" disc sander and thinned it down .Then cleared about 35 feet of a 250 of brush on the ditch bank of the 5 acres of woods I just bought .

Attachments

• DSCN1127[1].JPG
    DSCN1127[1].JPG
    183 KB · Views: 22

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20220514_230305_141.jpg

got some seat time on the 154 over the weekend, she's a runner. I mowed for about 3 hours, it used about a pint of oil. I think it's been sitting for a while & may have a few stuck rings. I'm gonna keep running Seafoam in the gas & maybe put some in the oil next time I mow.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trying to make lumped charcoal for the first time. I was told to put oak or hickory in a vented canister in a 55 gallon drum and pack the rest of the drum with whatever wood you can get your hands on. Let the wood burn in the drum for 3 hours and seal it. Open it up the next day. If anyone has any other helpful tips I'm all ears.

The vented canister is an expanded propane tank that was too old to refill.

Just got it lit. Cheated a little by using a propane burner for 30 minutes to get it started.
20220521_122729.jpg

After an hour and a half....
20220521_133254.jpg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to pull the pump off my pressure washer .What a job that was, rusty shaft .I'll get a new off flea bay. I've had it for 15 years .7.5 HP Briggs Vanguard over head valve 3 gal per minute 3000 PSI 1" hollow shaft pump . When I put it back together I'll Never Seeze the shaft which is what should been done when it was made--azz holes ----his time after I've used it I'll dump some RV anti freeze in the pump because the danged pressure regulator had frozen up from the hard water .Never gave that a thought before so now I have to shell out a couple bucks because of my ignorance .

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to pull the pump off my pressure washer .What a job that was, rusty shaft .I'll get a new off flea bay. I've had it for 15 years .7.5 HP Briggs Vanguard over head valve 3 gal per minute 3000 PSI 1" hollow shaft pump . When I put it back together I'll Never Seeze the shaft which is what should been done when it was made--azz holes ----his time after I've used it I'll dump some RV anti freeze in the pump because the danged pressure regulator had frozen up from the hard water .Never gave that a thought before so now I have to shell out a couple bucks because of my ignorance .
Feel your pain, spent 5 hours beating rear wheel bearing off daughter's Taurus. Heat, chisels, air hammer, 5lb hammer, all could have been avoid. Small amount of anti-sieze, or stop using dissimilar metal, aluminum against steel. Has to Mechanic's nightmare.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Feel your pain, spent 5 hours beating rear wheel bearing off daughter's Taurus. Heat, chisels, air hammer, 5lb hammer, all could have been avoid. Small amount of anti-sieze, or stop using dissimilar metal, aluminum against steel. Has to Mechanic's nightmare.

Ok guys...... I'm going to spill a secret.

This is the chit. Works better than anti seize 99% of the time. Only area I wont use it is exhaust.

0521222054.jpg

Steven

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That pressure washer when I bought it cost me $500 .The same model Lowes sold for over $700 .A gent by the name of Roy Padgett had it who also at that time owned Small Engine Ware House in Indiana .He got such a deal on a job lot of them be bought 500 units I think one of his sons operates that business now .At any rate unless something has changed it's the least expensive prices in the entire USA for new small engines
Old Roy originally hailed from Wartburg Tenn .Same as my departed wife's people came from ,it's really a small world some times .
I think Roy or his sons have a blurb on Face Book so it might be of interest to some who might need a replacement engine for some use which is the only reason I've mentioned it .