So what did you do today?

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to a closing on two rental properties this morning and this afternoon moved some firewood with the Bobcat. Still need to stack it under the woodshed but it's in the vicinity. Yesterday I made ham and bean soup and pressure canned 14 quarts of it.
ooooooooooooh :campeon: bean soup:campeon2:

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to Home Depot and Lowes today to get some things for a house we're remodeling. Mostly normal there. Then we went to Aldi to get a few grocery items. The store was devoid of meat, bread and of course toilet paper. I didn't check for eggs but they did have a good supply of milk. It seems like the "hoarding" is still going on but to a lesser extent. We took inventory and determined that we could go until Christmas with the toilet paper supply we have and we didn't purchase any since the virus scare. This is assuming we don't have any Airbnb guests and as of now, all three of our spaces have zero bookings for the next 6 months. That's going to hurt financially. The biggest question for us is how many of our tenants are going to pay rent? It's really important since about 90% of our income depends on that. We just spent our cash reserves purchasing two new to us properties. Our belt is already pretty snug but we'll winch that sucker down as tight as we need to until this goes away...
how long these people gonna hoard milk.not really a question but . a lot of people are really bat *s-word crazy.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I have been moving for the past 3 weeks. I finally moved the last thing today....my truck. I'll have more peace of mind after my house closes.
Been thinking of moving also but I've put it on hold until all this disease is cleared up...might not be a good time to try to sell, but you never know..

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to Home Depot and Lowes today to get some things for a house we're remodeling. Mostly normal there. Then we went to Aldi to get a few grocery items. The store was devoid of meat, bread and of course toilet paper. I didn't check for eggs but they did have a good supply of milk. It seems like the "hoarding" is still going on but to a lesser extent. We took inventory and determined that we could go until Christmas with the toilet paper supply we have and we didn't purchase any since the virus scare. This is assuming we don't have any Airbnb guests and as of now, all three of our spaces have zero bookings for the next 6 months. That's going to hurt financially. The biggest question for us is how many of our tenants are going to pay rent? It's really important since about 90% of our income depends on that. We just spent our cash reserves purchasing two new to us properties. Our belt is already pretty snug but we'll winch that sucker down as tight as we need to until this goes away...
Best I can tell people still have to pay their rent. The problem is that landlords can't evict them right now or charge extra fees if they can't pay. That's just the way I read the new rules but I'm no lawyer and could easily have misunderstood..

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been thinking of moving also but I've put it on hold until all this disease is cleared up...might not be a good time to try to sell, but you never know..

A friend of ours just listed his house. I don’t feel people will be spending money on moving but what do I know

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was at a grocery store in a small town southwest of us today. They had 1 four pack of little tp rolls in their dollar section. It was one package in the large empty shelf space but there it was, toilet paper in the store. Things must be improving. Oh, they also had bread, milk, eggs, bleach and so forth. The toilet paper shelf was the only empty one in the store. Apparently the hoarders have either satisfied their greed to a comfortable level, run out of money or the stores have increased their inventories. In that store, we bought 3 boxes of lemon pudding. That was it.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went on a wild goose chase for trees. My BIL works for the county and they just cut two big oak trees and we were gonna go cut them up but someone beat us to it.
They cut a good size ash and it went down a steep ravine so of course no one wants that one lol. We pulled it out in three logs and got a good trailer load full for him. Little bit of work but gave us something to do.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After we got back from doing errands this morning, I got some more burning done of leaves and pine straw. Mostly finished with that for this year. I have a long list of deferred items here at the house that I'll continue to chip away at. Mundane stuff like cleaning gutters. I did service a new to us mower today and got a bit of grass cut. Our yard isn't visible from what passes for a road so we don't do much grooming. When it's ankle high, we get out the mower. (or if Airbnb guests are coming but we have zero booked).

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rode all day yesterday to pick up an 084 and a 3120 I found for sale. The 084 is an older model. The 3120 looks like it might be 10 years old with a lot of new parts.

The 3120 runs great, I've not had time to mess with the 084. Both have loads of compression ( feeling by hand). I might send the 3120 off to someone that has the 140cc race-alky-nitro figured out. The 084 will most likely remain stock, may throw some rings, seals, and bearings at it.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I couldn't have picked a better time. The closing is the 26th this month... next week....if the buyer doesn't back out. I think if I waited 1 more month the sale could have been impacted by this Wu Han virus. Definitely look around your home and see if there is anything you would need to fix. That was a nightmare added to packing up to get out. Fix it while you have time, even the stupid stuff, they may try to beat you down over silly stuff.

My house was posted for sale on the internet and 24 hours and 45 minutes later the ink was drying on the contract. 3 offers overnight, all over asking price. Blew my mind.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did a little Cat 3406b Governor work today , the owner complained about RPMs not coming down and I found that flyweight race's worn all the way through and the needle bearing missing.
One of my favorite side jobs building B model pumps.
Not so much chainsaw related but it sure helps fund my chainsaw related projects.
Thanks Ryan

Attachments

• 20200328_114330.jpg
    20200328_114330.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200328_120815.jpg
    20200328_120815.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200328_114337.jpg
    20200328_114337.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 28

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today i probly pissed off my neighbors. Ther water ran through my yard so i finished the burm across my back yard. Its even higher then the pic.
I built it up 6 inchs and its starting to seep over the top so gonna go out shortly and build up a little more.
But on a good side no more river through yard and my sump pump has slowed down little more. I had water up to my house earlyer.
a405dcba1886bed2a89d4b882b9f1f98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk