ms 462

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
4:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay I got a little update, the detective called me back he said they located the vehicle. And they question the suspect right now. I did tell him the value of the saw and he looked it up and he said he agreed it wasn't something that you buy at a flea market. He said it's all on the video. Detective said they watch the whole thing, saw me walk back in the store, the guy get out of his car, rip it out of my truck and throw it in the backseat of his car and took off around the back side of the building.

I'm waiting for the call from them to say we have your saw

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My advice people, if you advance these saws, be conservative.
A few deg is all they need.
1/3 to half a key results in detonation at high speed under low load

Pop Pop Pop ... it went hard but wouldn't last long.

I backed it off to about 5 or 6 deg and it runs much better.

I ground out the baffle in mine and squared out the outlet behind the deflector. Also used a courser higher flow screen.

Oh i think i must check my flywheel, sometimes my saw pops. But is not hard to start

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay I got a little update, the detective called me back he said they located the vehicle. And they question the suspect right now. I did tell him the value of the saw and he looked it up and he said he agreed it wasn't something that you buy at a flea market. He said it's all on the video. Detective said they watch the whole thing, saw me walk back in the store, the guy get out of his car, rip it out of my truck and throw it in the backseat of his car and took off around the back side of the building.

I was gonna reply and and say.. I can’t and don’t like this.. and also it sucks... but as I read through. I got to this reply .. I hope it all turns out for the Better..,

Cheers..
btw...kick um in the sack from me, if you ever get the chance. :)

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Great news.

Hope he cut is hand on the chain.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just left the Stihl dealer, he had the 461 and 462 both with a 20-inch on them. I held both of them side-by-side and the 462 is night and day lighter and more balanced feeling. It has a very sleek feeling to it. He's going to check on it to see if he can get the r model.

Last edited:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just left the Stihl dealer, he had the 461 and 462 both with a 20-inch on them. I held both of them side-by-side and the 462 is night and day lighter and more balanced feeling. It has a very sleek feeling to it. He's going to check on it to see if he can get the r model.

I agree. Just finished packing up a 461 Arctic for a trip south, I am very glad I am not a guy stuck with the idea that my screw driver is a better tuner than M-tron.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. Just finished packing up a 461 Arctic for a trip south, I am very glad I am not a guy stuck with the idea that my screw driver is a better tuner than M-tron.
+Update
Hopefully you get the saw back Chris. Great news. I am feeling confident here.
+Update+
Just got out of the police station I had to go up there so I can identify my saw. They said I will have to appear in court with documents to prove it's mine and that it shouldn't be a problem getting it back. She will contact me next week for a court date.

Suks because I'll have to take a day out of work but I am pressing charges because I want the day's pay from this loser.

He's very lucky I didn't meet him in a dark alley...he wouldn't be able to walk for a week.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can't like the above post. Sorry.
Chris, just stay persistent. Follow up with the detectives. Let them know there is surveillance video. Once they know that you are not going away, they will give dye diligence to finding your saw.
Be courteous, patient, and polite, but persistent.
Shouldn't have to work so hard to get someone else to do there job/sworn duty.
For OP So glad this ended with you getting your saw back and the crooks caught!

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lucky this time. Just wish I could of took it home. But never the less I seen it and it is still complete and no damage.

Jeff, they would not tell me his name just he's 27yrs old and resides nearby.

Probly not telling me so I would not take matters into my own hands!

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I used to think the same way. But when the solenoid goes bad, like it's done to me twice so far, no screwdriver is gonna help you anyways. ;)

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to think the same way. But when the solenoid goes bad, like it's done to me twice so far, no screwdriver is gonna help you anyways. ;)
The only thing I noticed about the 462 is it had a very light loose feeling to the AV system. The 461 has typical rubber AV where it's a pretty solid feeling to it. Feels rugged. Idk I'm torn between 461 and 462 the more I think about it.