High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

ms 462

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On the muffler I just opened up the exaust hole it was round and I basically made it square I then had to go a quarter turn richer
I left the baffle stock
6 degree advance was recommended by Brad so that's what I did I think that it made the throttle response even faster both mods surprised me at the gain. I didn't think that they would do much with the saw already running so good stock I think the break in might have a little to do with the improovment also I swear it just keeps getting better
Mine has a 24" and is the standard carb

Interesting.

Bullets

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna know about the timing advance, some guys say its a no go, i have 3 of em' i can dick around with.
I figured if mine didn't like the timing advance I'd just put it back to stock it liked it

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will be interesting to see if they also like a timing advance. I don't think mine needs one, but I could be wrong!

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
5:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
stupid searing heat...... waiting around for some cooler days to get my 462 out into some timber again now I have backed off the timing advance.
Pop Pop Pop it went with too much running fresh 98 RON premium.

My advice people, if you advance these saws, be conservative.
A few deg is all they need.
1/3 to half a key results in detonation at high speed under low load

Pop Pop Pop ... it went hard but wouldn't last long.

I backed it off to about 5 or 6 deg and it runs much better.

I ground out the baffle in mine and squared out the outlet behind the deflector. Also used a courser higher flow screen.

Im not going to bother with porting on this thing, it just cranks as it is.

Its great to see the manufactures getting good results from new more efficient technology

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, and let me tell you, those folks who think I'm crazy using the HD Thread Locker on my saws … they never pulled a muffler on one of these … real hard to pull, they used some real HD stuff, and lots of it!

Hopefully I'll get to play with it a bit before Tax Season. Thanks for the prompt service Mark!
Glad It worked out!

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Both the bar, and the saw, are pretty + light! Did not even fire her up yet, but had to do a muffler mod!

13 lb 4 oz, that is 13 + 1/4 lbs!!!

And that 20" light bar, 2 lb 0.8 oz is the lightest 20" bar I have had on the scale, and it is a yellow (wider) tip bar! My Sugi is 2 lb 3.1 oz., and that is the next lightest!

This thing S/B sweet!
Lovely saw there Mike can’t wait to get mine it’s getting packed full of bananas :campeon: