ms 462

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only thing I noticed about the 462 is it had a very light loose feeling to the AV system. The 461 has typical rubber AV where it's a pretty solid feeling to it. Feels rugged. Idk I'm torn between 461 and 462 the more I think about it.
Yeap that's true.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine shipped so I should have it next week.

I also ordered the larger clutch cover and wrap handle, it’s my understanding the Oiler is the same on the standard and the R model so if I can’t get an R model (I couldn’t) I’ll make my own.

Glad they found your saw, silly you can’t have it back till court. Around here everyone continues there case and it takes forever.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I also ordered the larger clutch cover and wrap handle, it’s my understanding the Oiler is the same on the standard and the R model so if I can’t get an R model (I couldn’t) I’ll make my own.

Glad they found your saw, silly you can’t have it back till court. Around here everyone continues there case and it takes forever.
I guess it's just procedures. I feel a lot better though, knowing it's at the police station and I seen it with my own eyes.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news about getting saw found by coppers. The store bummed you off though in giving you footage. Though probably best the police handle a situation like that and not you as getting your hands on that prick may end you in all sorts. Keep the 660, its destined to stay with you, it'll make for a mean backup saw for when the 462 MT fails & the dealer has it for weeks unable to diagnose the problem.lol :b1:

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news about getting saw found by coppers. The store bummed you off though in giving you footage. Though probably best the police handle a situation like that and not you as getting your hands on that prick may end you in all sorts. Keep the 660, its destined to stay with you, it'll make for a mean backup saw for when the 462 MT fails & the dealer has it for weeks unable to diagnose the problem.lol :b1:
Perfectly said sir :borra2:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only thing I noticed about the 462 is it had a very light loose feeling to the AV system. The 461 has typical rubber AV where it's a pretty solid feeling to it. Feels rugged. Idk I'm torn between 461 and 462 the more I think about it.
The 461 when modded is a beast, very torquey. I like em. I’d run one with a max flo, Ho oiler and a mm. That alone would make a nice production saw imo.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran the 462 with the 20" buried in Walnut, and the AV felt fine, and when you have to do some limbing, you will be very glad not to be using the 461.

To me, although I think it runs at least as strong as a 461, the beauty of this saw is the light weight, so I went with the 20" light bar and no wrap handle.

If I had to choose between a 461 and a 462 I would not hesitate for a second to go with the 462. Besides, stock 461s have an issue with heat on the piston, although I think deflectors (to reduce piston heat) are built into both these saws (which is why the fist thing I did was open that muffler a bit).

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran the 462 with the 20" buried in Walnut, and the AV felt fine, and when you have to do some limbing, you will be very glad not to be using the 461.

To me, although I think it runs at least as strong as a 461, the beauty of this saw is the light weight, so I went with the 20" light bar and no wrap handle.

If I had to choose between a 461 and a 462 I would not hesitate for a second to go with the 462. Besides, stock 461s have an issue with heat on the piston, although I think deflectors (to reduce piston heat) are built into both these saws (which is why the fist thing I did was open that muffler a bit).
I thought the purpose of the “finger” was to help lube the pin bearing and stuff the charge to the lower transfers? Unless that is false information.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may well also serve that function, but I believe Randy did some research on the 461 and the reason they were added was to cool the piston which was getting to hot with the emissions legal system.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may well also serve that function, but I believe Randy did some research on the 461 and the reason they were added was to cool the piston which was getting to hot with the emissions legal system.
I think that info was found in a service manual. I don't believe there was an issue, just that they added it to cool the piston.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They need to keep your saw for evidence Chris. Although they could do with photographs and a property release form which is standard around us here.
462 looks very promosing.

jonnystihl

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

461's have had no issues.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Congrats on your new 462. Post pics when you get it!

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They need to keep your saw for evidence Chris. Although they could do with photographs and a property release form which is standard around us here.
462 looks very promosing.
Agreed, meanwhile I gathered all my paperwork including original PayPal receipt from buying it from chipper1 and all receipts of the parts I added to make it a true (r) model. No question I will get it now. Just waiting for it is like Christmas Eve feeling . . anticipation killing me.