ms 462

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad news in my camp today, my 660 I purchased from chipper1 got stolen out of the bed of my truck. Needless to say I'm heart broken right now.
Hey Chris. Could you please share the specifics on what happened? Did you leave saw in bed overnight? Just during the day?
Do you think someone followed you or knew your routine?
It may help prevent someone else from getting a saw stolen.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir. Port it or go home! Immediately. Lol
They are silly and over rated and stuff. Just sayin. [emoji16]

Last edited:

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris. Could you please share the specifics on what happened? Did you leave saw in bed overnight? Just during the day?
Do you think someone followed you or knew your routine?
It may help prevent someone else from getting a saw stolen.
It's kind of my fault. I took my saw with me to work, on the way home my plan was cut up this big down tree that I noticed way in the woods. I normally put my saws in the backseat of my truck. Well this time I put it in the bed not wanting to have the gas smell in my truck throughout the day while I was at work. I stopped at Home Depot to get some wood to build a new log stand. I came out to put the wood in the bed of my truck. I open the tailgate put the wood in the bed I noticed I had I left my wallet inside on the counter. I came out and noticed I'd forgotten to close a tailgate and within 10 minutes it was gone. I'm checking with my insurance company to see if they'll pay for it since I got full coverage on the truck. But I doubt it. Suks.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's kind of my fault. I took my saw with me to work, on the way home my plan was cut up this big down tree that I noticed way in the woods. I normally put my saws in the backseat of my truck. Well this time I put it in the bed not wanting to have the gas smell in my truck throughout the day while I was at work. I stopped at Home Depot to get some wood to build a new log stand. I came out to put the wood in the bed of my truck. I open the tailgate put the wood in the bed I noticed I had I left my wallet inside on the counter. I came out and noticed I'd forgotten to close a tailgate and within 10 minutes it was gone. Suks
Did the store cameras catch it?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
X2. I think HD has cameras. Its worth a shot. Also make out the police report.
You just had a bad day Chris. Sorry.

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did the store cameras catch it?
They do but they told me the manager wasn't on duty at that time to get there recordings of the parking lot. I told the girl yeah how convenient is that. Then she said you'll have to file a report with the police department and then they can extract the recording and look at it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She is correct Chris. Police must go in and make the request. Make a copy of your receipt to. Will show the time on it for PD..

Stihlms

Chris
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She is correct Chris. Police must go in and make the request. Make a copy of your receipt to. Will show the time on it for PD..
I gave the police Dept the serial #s to the saw. They act like they can give two *s-words about the situation. Suks because I was thinking of selling that unit to help with the 462r funds

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They do but they told me the manager wasn't on duty at that time to get there recordings of the parking lot. I told the girl yeah how convenient is that. Then she said you'll have to file a report with the police department and then they can extract the recording and look at it.
Still got a shot at catching these chit heads hope this works out good for you

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I gave the police Dept the serial #s to the saw. They act like they can give two *s-words about the situation. Suks because I was thinking of selling that unit to help with the 462r funds
acting that way because that is how most of them are lol its not there stuff and there getting paid regardless......

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't like the above post. Sorry.
Chris, just stay persistent. Follow up with the detectives. Let them know there is surveillance video. Once they know that you are not going away, they will give dye diligence to finding your saw.
Be courteous, patient, and polite, but persistent.

Leeroy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure they know the value of that 660. Most people probably think a new saw is no more than $150. Might motivate them to know its, what $1200-$1300?
Besides pawn shops and craigslist isn't there a Facebook market place?
No 660s on Providence or Eastern CT craigslist yet.