Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing here gets put away, the Mustang drives in the Winter (w/Blizzacks) and my saws see wood, ATVs, Trailers, etc!

I'm just hoping to be able to run it before Tax Season, cause that is when all my toys will hibernate! (Except I keep driving the Mustang). It starts, for me, on Friday.

I cant believe you'd subject that poor mustang to salty roads.

Sounds like a rookie move kids make.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cant believe you'd subject that poor mustang to salty roads.

Sounds like a rookie move kids make.

The newer Mustangs (like mine) have plastic inner fenders, it is not so bad any more, salt has no impact on them. Hey, 142,000 miles and no rust, I can't be too bad on it! Plus, I get to drive it all year long. Even in the winter, there are a few nice days!

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both the bar, and the saw, are pretty + light! Did not even fire her up yet, but had to do a muffler mod!

13 lb 4 oz, that is 13 + 1/4 lbs!!!

And that 20" light bar, 2 lb 0.8 oz is the lightest 20" bar I have had on the scale, and it is a yellow (wider) tip bar! My Sugi is 2 lb 3.1 oz., and that is the next lightest!

This thing S/B sweet!

I have to congratulate you and welcome you at the 462 users club.

This saw is awesome you shall see yourself

Good that you overcome the “what if” thoughts.

Enjoy

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran almost a full tank through the saw, and let me tell you, a tank lasts a long time in that saw! Was a beautiful, sunny calm day when I started at 1:00, now (at 4:00) it is cold, windy, dark, and the air is full of snow, so sorry, no pics or vids today! It looks like a blizzard out there now!

Used the MOFO Hybrid to fell the tree and do some of the larger bucking (has a 28" bar), and used the 462 (20" light bar) for everything else. Of course, I had to rope it cause it was leaning toward a pool, and no clear path to drop it, so it hung up on trees and vines, was a real PITA to get down! But in addition to a good amount of fire wood, I have 3 nice Black Walnut logs to mill.

Both saws ran great, but the 462 has lightning fast throttle response, great speed and great power. No one is going to lament not being able to get a 044/440 any more, or for that matter a 460 or 461!

I will be extremely satisfied if the 462 stays just like it is, but it is on it's first tank of fuel, if it picks up like my 362 did, I will be ecstatic! This is clearly going to be a winning set up for those who want a saw to do everything from limbing to bucking w/o excess weight.

I don't think I'll do any mods to this saw other than the muff mod I already did, she just runs great!

Bullets

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got about 10 tanks thru mine and it did get stronger as it broke in
hard to believe that such a light weight saw can have this much power, great throttle response. and still run nice a smooth
I sure like it
I did the muffler mod and timing advance and think both mods made it stronger

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've got about 10 tanks thru mine and it did get stronger as it broke in
hard to believe that such a light weight saw can have this much power, great throttle response. and still run nice a smooth
I sure like it
I did the muffler mod and timing advance and think both mods made it stronger

I wanna know about the timing advance, some guys say its a no go, i have 3 of em' i can dick around with.

Bullets

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the muffler I just opened up the exaust hole it was round and I basically made it square I then had to go a quarter turn richer
I left the baffle stock
6 degree advance was recommended by Brad so that's what I did I think that it made the throttle response even faster both mods surprised me at the gain. I didn't think that they would do much with the saw already running so good stock I think the break in might have a little to do with the improovment also I swear it just keeps getting better
Mine has a 24" and is the standard carb