calling Stihl hybrid builders

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have both the nylon mesh and metal mesh filters. I think the metal mesh flows much more air. Saw runs stronger on metal mesh filter.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I dunno whether anyone is still watching this thread, or interested in these conversions, but I've still got the OEM 10mm wrist pin crankshaft from my original 044 before swapping out for 12mm when it became the hybrid.

I've NOT labouriously checked it over, I just took it out, without breaking anything, and wrapped it and packed it away.

If any of you guys want it, it's yours for free, as long as you pay for postage from the UK.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m using a 036pro/ms360 nylon mesh/winter filter, seems to flow much better than the flocked. Similar to the metal mesh
I can tell ya that I had a 360PRO on a dyno. It made 6.5 hp with a nylon filter and 8hp with no filter. I didn’t have a metal to try on it, but they flow with nearly zero restriction. They don’t filter so great though, so I do like frog skins on my builds for that reason. Reroute airflow and prefilter it. The look just ain’t for everyone.