Official Rules For Asian MS440 Buildoff 2018 MMWS GTG

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'm glad to hear that everyone will have good running 440s this weekend (with either an OEM Impulse line or a washer under the AM line).

Wish I could make it, but I just don't seem to be as resilient to long travel as I once was, and I've just got too much on my plate.

Looking forward to seeing the competition. Good Luck to all!

The Olderer you get, the Fasterer the days go by! Plus, my real work got a little busy lately.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Weird spot
Bad casting?

I really think a ring broke. Why, I'm not sure. None of the ends were in a port......but, I did get the end of one hung up while assembling it. I got it freed up easily enough, but may have broken it.

The jug wasn't hurt too bad. I swapped in another Chinese slug......and it's back in the game.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a pro out there with one of their big bore kits and so far, no problems. I think it vibrates too much, but he seems to really like it. I just lowered the intake and moved the upper transfer toward the intake a bit and he says it is lighter, and out runs his 460.

He knows what it is, there was full disclosure, but I'm sure if he had trouble with it my phone would have rang.

IMO, they run a lot smoother with an OEM 460 piston, and that is how I will do all future ones.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"How about 55cc farm and ranch saws , every manufacturer makes one and they would be a challenge"

"This ain't a bad idea. Cheap too."

If this goes ahead with a Husky 455, I'd be glad to send some "secret information" to interested tuners.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_2609.JPG New P&C showed up Wednesday afternoon from HLSUPPLY...... notice it's a 10mm kit. PM Randy and agreed I'd use an OEM 12mm slug, but would be disqualified if I won. I felt like that was fair, and still looking forward to competing anyway. I did find a Lil Red Barn piston and I'm using that. It still doesn't match the jug so I understand I'm still out.

FWIW this is the first time I've used this brand of AM kit. It's actually a quality kit. Casting and plating is much nicer than the farmertec. Left work early Thursday to do the port work and get everything back together. Fired it up but didn't make any cuts, just a heat cycle. New jug seems to flow better than the one from the kit. I'll do some test cuts this morning then load up and head north to Tennessee. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Again, thanks to everyone who has contributed to the build off with these kits. Rich