High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

262XP Rebuild - Junk Pile Save

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You did a great job on it. Was there any machine work done to it?
Yes Sir, @t4driller cut the base and squish (Thanks Mike!)

What I did was set the exhaust at 103 and widened to 65% of bore, set transfers at 123, matched the lowers to the case as best I could without compromising the bottom sealing surface of the transfer covers and left the intake alone as it dropped right in at 79 degrees. I also installed an OEM black coil. Blows 190psi cold.

Josh helped me out with the muffler mod (thanks Josh). All said and done, it's by far not the same saw it was with just a BG delete. I'm very happy with how it came out.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes Sir, @t4driller cut the base and squish (Thanks Mike!)

What I did was set the exhaust at 103 and widened to 65% of bore, set transfers at 123, matched the lowers to the case as best I could without compromising the bottom sealing surface of the transfer covers and left the intake alone as it dropped right in at 79 degrees. I also installed an OEM black coil. Blows 190psi cold.

Josh helped me out with the muffler mod (thanks Josh). All said and done, it's by far not the same saw it was with just a BG delete. I'm very happy with how it came out.
You got to watch that Mike fella lol. That saw is a great runner, so your hard work paid off for sure.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I was back and forth about playing with the transfer runners but after much thought I decided to leave them as-is. This was my first 359 mod job and I didn't want to go too crazy hogging things out. I have this ever present fear of too much loss in veloctity in the back of my mind. I figured the intake being at 79 degrees was plenty and wanted to make sure we kept good velocity. Very possible I played a little too conservative, but this saw is for Dan and I wanted to make sure it was a success. After trying it out today, I wouldn't change a thing. :)

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. I was back and forth about playing with the transfer runners but after much thought I decided to leave them as-is. This was my first 359 mod job and I didn't want to go too crazy hogging things out. I have this ever present fear of too much loss in veloctity in the back of my mind. I figured the intake being at 79 degrees was plenty and wanted to make sure we kept good velocity. Very possible I played a little too conservative, but this saw is for Dan and I wanted to make sure it was a success. After trying it out today, I wouldn't change a thing. :)
I think you did a great job with it. Fan outta be very happy to own it.. hes slowing converting. First a 346, now a 359. Soon it will be a 395 then its all over. [emoji38]

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey I'm here! Joe you did an outstanding job on that saw! Sounds and cuts very good! Glad we made a deal that both are happy with! I cant wait to see how the 262 runs after the overhaul and muffler mod. Mike thanks for cutting the base and squish!

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had it turned up pretty good but still very safe. I wanted to get an idea of what it is capable of. You may want to fatten it up a bit for some break in time with that brand new cylinder kit. :)
Absolutely! I'll keep an eye on it! What was it up to? That compression is real healthy!