I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job with the cleanup. No idea on the oiler but my guess would be the hose from the pump to the bar area is out of place or off. See, don't even know the proper terminology for it.

newguy#2

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did find a service manual which indicates the clutch has to come off to get to the oil pump. More surgery! :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just try to clean the oil passages before I tear the whole thing apart.

I would just like to see a decent oil stripe when I gas it.

BTW, the compression is unreal on this saw, much more than my new Husky 543XP.

newguy#2

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....On the 2050 Turbo I took the bar off, removed a stainless plate underneath it & cleaned the rubber insert that appears to 'transport' the oil from the pump to the chain application channel, then flipped the bar, cleaned both sides of the oil Chanel and reinstalled everything.

After performing this procedure I feel confident that the oiling issue is resolved. I'm going to get some run time with the 18" bar / HVA SP33G chain and then try out a Oregon 16" Speedcut bar / 95TXL Speedcut chain.

As a final question, I have an HVA H30 chain that was supplied with the new HVA 543XP I just acquired; It's a full-chisel 16" chain with extra-long cutter teeth. I think I'll try this chain on the Jonsered when I get the Oregon 16" bar on; any thoughts on this chain? Definitely not 'anti-kickback' or 'homeowner' style chain; seems like a full-chisel .325 beast of a chain. I didn't use it on the 543XP, I put an HVA SP33G 'X-Cut' chain on that saw (33 deg cutter angle vs 30 deg for the H30).

I also got a couple of gallons of Sunoco 93 octane gas and made a 40:1 bucket of fuel with some Arctic Cat full synthetic snowmobile oil (it's blue); I tried this mixture out in my Echo string trimmer & Still leaf blower, both of which got the full fall cleanup treatment today. Both running strong! :D

AlexStromberg

Epic gamer
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....On the 2050 Turbo I took the bar off, removed a stainless plate underneath it & cleaned the rubber insert that appears to 'transport' the oil from the pump to the chain application channel, then flipped the bar, cleaned both sides of the oil Chanel and reinstalled everything.

After performing this procedure I feel confident that the oiling issue is resolved. I'm going to get some run time with the 18" bar / HVA SP33G chain and then try out a Oregon 16" Speedcut bar / 95TXL Speedcut chain.

As a final question, I have an HVA H30 chain that was supplied with the new HVA 543XP I just acquired; It's a full-chisel 16" chain with extra-long cutter teeth. I think I'll try this chain on the Jonsered when I get the Oregon 16" bar on; any thoughts on this chain? Definitely not 'anti-kickback' or 'homeowner' style chain; seems like a full-chisel .325 beast of a chain. I didn't use it on the 543XP, I put an HVA SP33G 'X-Cut' chain on that saw (33 deg cutter angle vs 30 deg for the H30).

I also got a couple of gallons of Sunoco 93 octane gas and made a 40:1 bucket of fuel with some Arctic Cat full synthetic snowmobile oil (it's blue); I tried this mixture out in my Echo string trimmer & Still leaf blower, both of which got the full fall cleanup treatment today. Both running strong! :D
H30 is a semi chisel low kickback chain tho.

newguy#2

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn't look like to me, where are you getting that info? The cutter has a sharp corner and a very long tooth section.

EDIT: SORRY, my bad....The chain they supplied is an H23, NOT an H30!

tempImageS7OLnh.png

Last edited:

newguy#2

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, sorry about the confusion (I'm confused!)

I edited my previous post and corrected it to the chain they supplied, an H23.

I don't think the H23 qualifies as a micro chisel, those cutters are huge!

AlexStromberg

Epic gamer
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, sorry about the confusion (I'm confused!)

I edited my previous post and corrected it to the chain they supplied, an H23.

I don't think the H23 qualifies as a micro chisel, those cutters are huge!
Yeah that is a full chisel chain :)