Local time
6:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Whatcha got for me Mike?
You holding out on me up there?
No 262 here.....yet. ;)
If you're serious about a 262 maybe talk to Dan. I seem to remember him mentioning something about having a couple carcasses/builders kicking around.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that chain pulled her down pretty good. No using dogs or pushing necessary with this one, just let it eat and feed itself. Cut pretty fast and smooth doing that. Before screwing with the chain the cut time on the same log was 12 seconds, now it’s down to 7.4. Still need to tweak it some more but I think I’m done for today.

Last edited:

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah that chain pulled her down pretty good. No using dogs or pushing necessary with this one. Cut pretty fast and smooth though. Before screwing with the chain the cut time on the same log was 12 seconds, now it’s down to 7.4. Still need to tweak it some more but I think I’m done for today.

Looks good, and it's not even broke in yet. 2 strokes on the teeth of that chain will make it real nice.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good, and it's not even broke in yet. 2 strokes on the teeth of that chain will make it real nice.
That’s what I was thinking, maybe 3 strokes. Or, I’ll convert it to square filed and see how it feels after that.

Happy with how well this Saw pulls an aggressive chain. It’s definitely got the 2-series lugging ability. Checked compression cold and it pumped up to 175psi

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what I was thinking, maybe 3 strokes. Or, I’ll convert it to square filed and see how it feels after that.

Happy with how well this Saw pulls an aggressive chain. It’s definitely got the 2-series lugging ability. Checked compression cold and it pumped up to 175psi
Very nice results so far. I think it will like the square chain quite well.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Jeff! It’s a lot of fun to do threads like this. Generates lots of experience sharing discussion. But I’ll tell ya what we need some Stihl threads, been lacking lately ;)
Hey Josh I got an 10mm 044 that needs assembled. Maybe I'll do a thread on that! I'll probably have to assemble and document then post. I'm nowhere close to as fast as you are! Lol!