Who's running 592s and 585s?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 660 is still a sought after saw here in BC. Lots of guys still run them. One of the most reliable saws along with its predecessor the 066 in my opinion. I believe Donny Walker even thinks so. I can see why the later 66’s can be a disappointment, but with a muffler mod and a few little things they run strong for years.
The 066/660 was one of the better saws ever made, perfect build quality, durable as could be. But power wise they were always lacking, the last few years were awful, even when done up, and they had too much vibration for my tast. But nobody can deny how overall good they were.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I wonder if the crank cases are cracking because guys are hitting the wedge with the spikes. to knock It out
I’m not saying it isn’t a bad design because it is too?
Just read about this, heaps of people I’ve seen use the dogs to knock the scarf out, so something to be aware of and not do I guess

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the change of subjects here. But it cracks me up how. An individual post is a video and says that he does not really care for the 500i he just likes his old huskies msc . in my opinion you have the right to choose what you want to run and what you do not want to run we’ve all talked about this. But the dog somebody because he doesn’t like a particular thing and he states not for him if it’s good for somebody else then so be it it’s not like he’s putting it down either. and if you look in the comments how he gets dogged because he said that. Basically he’s just saying it’s not for him
I mean we all know who the guy is and I’m not gonna post a video. but I haven’t will say this he’s got a nice collection of old Macs and I wish I had them
Billy is not a Stihl guy and he admitted his bias, and that's his prerogative. Some just like one brand and not the other, and that's that.

Myself, I could care less what name is slapped on something. If it works, it works. If it's well made, it's well made. If I like it, I like it.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just read about this, heaps of people I’ve seen use the dogs to knock the scarf out, so something to be aware of and not do I guess
A bit of grinding and some Devcon 10610 would likely make that area strong enough, the case is very thin in that area.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Billy is not a Stihl guy and he admitted his bias, and that's his prerogative. Some just like one brand and not the other, and that's that.

Myself, I could care less what name is slapped on something. If it works, it works. If it's well made, it's well made. If I like it, I like it.
My motto is- If one likes it, it will be safer
Weight
Oil Ratio Homework please, so I’m not sounding smart or being picky- Fine print needs to be found and re-noted here from Husqvarna’s manual on Husky saws over 70cc or for commercial use(don’t know why that matters on something that runs at full throttle?)
Also can anyone provide me the technical data breakdown on huskys air cooled two stroke oil?
Oil Ratio 592xp An interesting find in the 592xp manual, confirmed later by phoning the husky rep when I didn’t want to run 50:1. All my saws run at 25:1 and have for decades, not one engine / piston, bore, ring failure. I guess it’s up to the individual though!

Attachments

• E74AEEB9-2D52-4E0C-8924-C0EFD8CFB687.jpeg
    E74AEEB9-2D52-4E0C-8924-C0EFD8CFB687.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 33
  • A585EED8-3026-4EA7-B1F8-545A58CFC864.jpeg
    A585EED8-3026-4EA7-B1F8-545A58CFC864.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 40

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Exactly he says everything right in the video your key on. And yet in the comments he gets doged out by people

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Oil Ratio 592xp An interesting find in the 592xp manual, confirmed later by phoning the husky rep when I didn’t want to run 50:1. All my saws run at 25:1 and have for decades, not one engine / piston, bore, ring failure. I guess it’s up to the individual though!
Very interesting post

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A bit of grinding and some Devcon 10610 would likely make that area strong enough, the case is very thin in that area.
Have seen several 365-375, 385,390 with broken upper bolt holes. Believe it's mainly caused by hitting that inner spike, one was broken by a tractor tire (guy lucked out before crushing saw). AM cases seem porous and break out often.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Agreed. Heck I got Huskys mainly, but Stihl too. Even echo in the mix:) if it's good it's good, husky is my favorite but that's just me. I'm with u if it works ot works.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just looked at my manual unless I missed it here in the US it’s not posted like you have it.
I definitely find it very interesting EPA maybe

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked at my manual unless I missed it here in the US it’s not posted like you have it.
I definitely find it very interesting EPA maybe
Your onto it! Years past I know none that run 25:1 that have engine issues, 5o:1 different story. Same for racing dirt bikes. emissions