ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may be wrong but if memory serves it's 104 drivers for a 32".I'll trot out in the garage some time today and find a bar as I have several .I think they are Windsor patterned Macs made in Canada in the 70's My Stihl 32's are Oregon .

thanks Al that would be good any info too get this right is really appreciated
As I would have too import any chains needed

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally have success on the carb cover (from Mark) on the Monkey Wards 2.1.The AF bracket was holding me up from getting the carb cover on.I had the AF bracket together several times the correct way & the choke just kept flopping around with no tension on it.I went out & got the other choke plate & the washers off a 310 parts saw & found the culprit immediately.The original wave washer was shot - completely flat.I put the other wave washer in & was in business! Then the carb cover went on without a hitch.
The seller said he couldn't get the saw to start,all it needed was a new fuel filter.That was the 2nd saw I got that only needed a fuel filter to get it going.

Attachments
  • edju1958 · Jan 3, 2022 at 5:09 PM

">
    637658-23fb0d57aa7b189fa28022a6c6433cef.jpg

thumbnail.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 0

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did find the two 32" bars which were Oregon but the driver count wasn't listed . Actually I have three 32" bars , two with sprocket nose and one converted to an open roller nose .I'll have to sort through my loops and get the count that way . Now I did take a look at E-Bay UK and some loops with 105 drivers were listed in 3/8" by .050 .I have no idea about the prices though ,don't know the monetary system .
I had to remove the enclosuer around my geo-thermal to install a new propane furnace .As such all those bars and chains that used to hang on it are now in boxes and I haven't yet hung them back on the wall which will take some time before I get to it and it might be a few days before I find a chain .

northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks that’s the one sounds bout right
I'll second that. 106 drivers should be the ticket. Stihl 32" bars in 3/8 pitch usually take 105 drivers. I stock oregon 72jgx chain which is full skip full chisel. Do you want a loop?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've now run into a problem with trying to find the throttle lock for the 300 series saws.I guess Mac thought they'd never break as they don't even have them listed in any of the IPLs.Every one of the saws I have is missing the throttle lock pin due to the cheapo carb cover breaking over time.Bob Johnson just told me to hold the throttle trigger & pull away.Kind of a half fast way to do things IMO.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, that is my preferred way to start them (hold the saw in my right hand with my finger on the throttle), but I know there is one throttle lock in your box of leftover parts after your saw so I'll try to remember and get it going your way.

Mark

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Mark,much appreciated! At least I'll have one more throttle lock to work with.I had a chat with Bob J.yesterday & found out that the thick washers & the wave washers (part # 11037 ?) can be purchased separately.Previously I thought they had to be purchased in a kit.He also said he was fairly certain that he had some NOS throttle locks laying around,the thing is finding them.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've moved on from the little beasts for a bit.I've got a couple of RH 10 series clutches that need attention.How do I get this PITA clutch together?View attachment 322793

Put the clutch just the way you have it in a vice. Jaws on the center of each shoe with one side with the springs up. Put a spring guide in a spring and hook one side onto a shoe. Then use a screwdriver to lever the spring onto the other shoe. Flip the clutch in the vice and do the other side the same.

I can take some pics of the process tonight when I get home to clarify a bit better.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've moved on from the little beasts for a bit.I've got a couple of RH 10 series clutches that need attention.How do I get this PITA clutch together?View attachment 322793
Put the clutch just the way you have it in a vice. Jaws on the center of each shoe with one side with the springs up. Put a spring guide in a spring and hook one side onto a shoe. Then use a screwdriver to lever the spring onto the other shoe. Flip the clutch in the vice and do the other side the same.

I can take some pics of the process tonight when I get home to clarify a bit better.
No need to clarify Steve,I know exactly what you're sayin'.I was doing it on my kitchen table & damn near had it.If God would've only given me my much needed 3rd hand,Lol.I'm afraid if I take this out to the garage the springs & guides are going to get lost.Getting that guider up through the spring is quite a feat in itself.I still have the clutch that was missing the guides from back last summer/fall.If I'm successful with one I'll do the other.I don't understand why Bob J.sent it to me in pieces.