MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is an outside chance if you choose to contact Consolidated Equipment in Burnaby BC Canada .This is Mike Acres of web site fame . You'd have to get Mike on the phone, message whatever because he's the only one who knows McCulloch parts .At one time he had the largest known cache of Mac parts in BC and the NW Territories . This is where I got all the parts I needed when I made a cast iron liner for one of my 125's .There's Bryce in St Marys Washington too .Hard to say what he has .
I'm not sure what I have but there are some smaller NOS rings I've never checked the numbers on .I won't sell them if so but I can measure them to get an idea what might be used if something else might be close enough .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I have is for Mc 8 kart engine /1-76 chainsaw and another set for a 795 . I looked the sizes up .For a standard 10-10 it's 1.75 to 1.751 " bore . 10-10 S it's 1.8120 t0 1.8135 " a tad over 46 MM . Mac number 92517

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still trying to play catch up. Mrs. remains in the hospital but is becoming more cantankerous every day...I guess that is a good sign. She may be released tomorrow or Wednesday, then I will have to stay close to home as she it still pretty weak.

Mark

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still trying to play catch up. Mrs. remains in the hospital but is becoming more cantankerous every day...I guess that is a good sign. She may be released tomorrow or Wednesday, then I will have to stay close to home as she it still pretty weak.

Mark
Glad to hear she is recovering Mark!! Hope she continues to heal well, and quickly.

Eccentric

Yes, we do have trees in Wyoming.
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tough week this week, Mrs. Heimann was admitted to the hospital on Monday and will be there another day or two at least. On the mend now but it will continue to be slow going for a while.

That felt in the oil pump is called "Pad, Pump" in the IPL's, many of the IPL's show it and it is quite often missing. I am not sure what the purpose is.

My 640 WOT out of the wood. It was a little lean but not really screaming for mercy.

View attachment 283796

The Magnificent Seven The DE50 is mostly McCulloch ("built in an Italian McCulloch factory"), the others are Dolmars.

View attachment 283797
View attachment 283798

Good to see Aaron posting again.

Mark

Ditto. It's good to see him posting anywhere again. Let's try to not scare him off.

And all the best to Mrs. Heimannm for a quick recovery.

Thanks gentlemen.

Mark, thoughts and prayers on the way for the lovely Mrs. Heimann.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mark

Mark - my best wishes to your lovely Mrs. for a speedy recovery.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does this sound for tuning?
It’s sounds good under load. And it’s not crazy fat. Did you set the rpm with a tac? What are your points set at?

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s sounds good under load. And it’s not crazy fat. Did you set the rpm with a tac? What are your points set at?
No idea where the points are set there is a .012 written on the handle ?? Set saw by ear still need to put a tach on it.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Slowly getting the parts in Got the new seals and the two halves sealed together. Still waiting on more parts but the new muffler looks great!

IMG_20210223_154333.jpg

Last edited:

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All I know is LeeHa built the saw I don't plan on touching anything inside unless something breaks. I hear he is a guru when it comes to these.

Not sure about guru but i have rebuilt a few of them 797's. Others here are just as knowledgeable or more so.
Is that saw completely rebuilt with new piston? Did i sell it to you or did you get it from someone else?