High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Quick question fellers. Is the black flat disk on the piston of a Super Pro 40 oil pump supposed to be tight on the shaft or should it float around? I'm guessing its the same pump as all the mini mac saws if that matters.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quick question fellers. Is the black flat disk on the piston of a Super Pro 40 oil pump supposed to be tight on the shaft or should it float around? I'm guessing its the same pump as all the mini mac saws if that matters.

Tight on the shaft. The o ring holds it to the shaft

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah its shot. The disk is sloppy on the shaft even with a new O ring from my kit.
What ive found is that you want the bakelite disc to be snug in the housing too. Mine on my 130 didnt feel sloppy, but it still leaked. Used one that was almost sticky feeling. Worked just fine.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can probably supply you with parts after todays delivery from Steve. The box contained a metric *s-wordton of mini mac parts and carcasses plus three Remington Mighty Might saws
Nice score!
I might know where a couple of Mighty Mites are too. Gotta get back over there and do some digging.
Anybody got a line on chain brake parts for a 7-10, I need a spring and brake band.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What ive found is that you want the bakelite disc to be snug in the housing too. Mine on my 130 didnt feel sloppy, but it still leaked. Used one that was almost sticky feeling. Worked just fine.
Cool. Thanks bud. I'll steel one off another I know works because this super pro 40 has 200 psi compression. I'll also out a two needle carb on it if it isn't much trouble.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice score!
I might know where a couple of Mighty Mites are too. Gotta get back over there and do some digging.
Anybody got a line on chain brake parts for a 7-10, I need a spring and brake band.
There are two on the Christmas giveaway thread. Shipping gets them. Johnny blade

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice score!
I'll ask my cousin on the 7-10

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never had any luck with the tiny little mini mac oil pumps and I have the rebuild kits some place .I just blocked the automatic and used the thumb pump .Damned things drive me bonkers .

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have never had any luck with the tiny little mini mac oil pumps and I have the rebuild kits some place .I just blocked the automatic and used the thumb pump .Damned things drive me bonkers .
This is the first I've had do this of 4. The super pro 40 is basically a rear handle mini. I would do that if I had to. What did you use to block them off?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I recall correctly I screwed the adjustment all the way in which in effect stopped it from working .Piston couldn't move . It's been a while but again if memory serves there is a tee in the line which I think ties the pulse pump and the thumb oiler together . I think I removed the tee and just connected the thumb oiler direct .
Some place I have a box of mini parts with a couple torn down .If I can find it maybe it will jog my memory .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the above example it was on a 120 mini I had with a slide tuned pipe that was just an experiment that worked .Danged oil pump leaked so bad it would suck oil into the crankcase and hydro lock it .I'd have to pull the plug and blow it out with compressed air and get it started again .Blew so much smoke you could fog for mosquitos for ten minutes .

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice score!

I got your chain brake Brent. Get you some pics this evening.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the above example it was on a 120 mini I had with a slide tuned pipe that was just an experiment that worked .Danged oil pump leaked so bad it would suck oil into the crankcase and hydro lock it .I'd have to pull the plug and blow it out with compressed air and get it started again .Blew so much smoke you could fog for mosquitos for ten minutes .
My 130 was the same. Couldnt even pull the cord.
Works nice now.