ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This is my cousins farm. His son was burnt badly and has been in the hospital over two weeks. Last weekend we cut wood at his place.

Nice video and as @czar800 said nice operation beautiful farm set in a
Perfect location and plenty of red power going on there

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey do any of yall know anything about these old discs? Its a killefer john deere made back when Methuselah was still farming. Its got what looks like two top links with it hooked up the way it is now when you go to use it the ass end kicks up and the whole thing pivots from lifting arms. I know its got to be missing some parts?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere...arts-Catalog-Manual-PC-353-2-60-/320887036727

Don't know a thing about them but there is a parts catalog on the bay with a few pictures. Seems to be complete.

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Does the bars where the lift pins attach pivot?
That is what it looks like but the lift pins should be fixed. If they pivot the back end will rise up.
Looks like a home built hitch bolted to an offset harrow.

Yea where the lift pins are, that whole piece rotates with that second top link spot. I dunno its nothing like Ive seen before and it looks like its factory. The picture from fleabay doesnt show any of that stuff though. I probably just need to start off fresh with whole new three point.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look at the fleabay pic of the manual , at the bottom of it there are different pics . One of them shows the top link location.

In that location the lower links and the top link will all pivot together keeping the harrow level.

Never used an offset harrow that small. The offset harrows usually cut tough stubble/ dirt well.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farm equipment started with the horse drawn plow. Basic designs have not changed much over the years except how it attaches to the power source, from horse to tractors. You drag it in the dirt so it had to be tough and easy to fix.
The old designs/stuff are better steel and work well.
Use lots of grease, locktite on the vibrating tractor and anti seize on everything that touches the ground.