User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve always liked these quotes.

“Don’t get New Paint fever”

“High prices will bankrupt you faster than low prices”

“The best tool on a Farm is a sharp pencil”

“Do the $25 - $1,000 dollar per hour jobs yourself”

Point is use your pencil and save yourself a bunch of money by figuring things out.

The cost of a repairs, seed, fertilizer and supplies.
Sometimes an hour spent figuring things can save several hundreds to thousands of dollars these days.

The best advice I've read.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
9:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got the high pressure power steering line on my 560D. Refilled the Hytran .Took it for a spin to purge the lines and cycle the hydraulics. Felt like it had a flat spot on the tires from sitting. On one side. Then I hear a click????? Turns out all the wheel center to rim lugs had loosened. Just on the left side. Weird.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t know of a shop right off hand plus I already ordered the parts.
I guess now that you say that I should look into it.
We have bought parts from Worthington & the other two yards listed. I think they ship also. I believe Worthington has several locations across the country. I am sure there are salvage yards out your way & you have probably already checked them.

https://www.worthingtonagparts.com/AllShops

There is another salvage yard in Colfax,IA
http://www.colfaxtractorparts.com/

One in Clinton, MO.
http://cooktractorparts.com/

Fortunately all yards are just a couple hours from us & we have bought from all.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The three stooges. Five were born in this group. One fell into a creek right after it was born. Momma cow stepped on it and killed it. Another ate some garbage and died. Bad luck outta this pasture this year.

View attachment 261411
They look like they're about to join into a high noon standoff.

I shipped my last 3 steers Saturday. Time to go hit an auction and buy some cheap feeders.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They look like they're about to join into a high noon standoff.

I shipped my last 3 steers Saturday. Time to go hit an auction and buy some cheap feeders.

I'd got these guys traded for 4 heifers. That will bring us up to 36 females, 2 steers, and 2 bulls. Should see a lot of calves next year.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd got these guys traded for 4 heifers. That will bring us up to 36 females, 2 steers, and 2 bulls. Should see a lot of calves next year.
I'd love to quit my 'day job' and set up a cow/calf operation along with the landlording/property maintenance that my wife and I do. Looking like by the time the kids are grown, we might be able to make it work.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd love to quit my 'day job' and set up a cow/calf operation along with the landlording/property maintenance that my wife and I do. Looking like by the time the kids are grown, we might be able to make it work.

I'm gonna cut down to 3 saws a week soon. Then I'll increase the size of my herd by about double.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have bought parts from Worthington & the other two yards listed. I think they ship also. I believe Worthington has several locations across the country. I am sure there are salvage yards out your way & you have probably already checked them.

https://www.worthingtonagparts.com/AllShops

There is another salvage yard in Colfax,IA
http://www.colfaxtractorparts.com/

One in Clinton, MO.
http://cooktractorparts.com/

Fortunately all yards are just a couple hours from us & we have bought from all.

Thanks for the links. The place I called near me wanted to sell me a complete transmission.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm gonna cut down to 3 saws a week soon. Then I'll increase the size of my herd by about double.

I’d like to full time farm, but there’s not enough coins to go around.
We’ve been considering giving up grain farming for a few years and running more cows. I really think it would be less stress.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d like to full time farm, but there’s not enough coins to go around.
We’ve been considering giving up grain farming for a few years and running more cows. I really think it would be less stress.

I've thought about selling the cows and just growing horse hay.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've also got parts from worthingtonag both used and aftermarket. Seems like a reputable supplier. I was surprised czar, they had your final drives rebuilt for I'm thinking $2600 each. No much in gearing for your trans. box. Only some shafts.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking you had a 9500?
You are right. I did have a 9500. Just traded this year. She was repairable but needed a good 20000 spent to get the thing back together. Had 5500 hours on it so we had to let that one go and start again. That picture is actually my neighbor. We got a 9560 to replace the 9500.