Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true, but horse people here not easy to get along with!! I have been dealing with them for over 40 years. ( they are never satisfied )

Horse people and cattle people sure ain't much alike. You might be onto something here.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Horse people and cattle people sure ain't much alike. You might be onto something here.

Again, very true. It only takes one crazy horse bi--h before you tell them all that you never have any more hay for sale. I have sold many bales over the years. Small square bales, and round bales. Never sell another bale of hay to a horse person again!!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very true, but horse people here not easy to get along with!! I have been dealing with them for over 40 years. ( they are never satisfied )
I’ve had a few dealings with horse people. It’s ok when you have the best stuff available. Oddly they always seem to want to pay you on the next load. Seems they stay a load ahead.
That’s where the round baler comes in just roll it up for cows

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Again, very true. It only takes one crazy horse bi--h before you tell them all that you never have any more hay for sale. I have sold many bales over the years. Small square bales, and round bales. Never sell another bale of hay to a horse person again!!
I don’t square bale anymore. If I sold to horse people I would buy my hay from someone else and then resale for likely double what I had in it
That’s how to deal with horse hay in my opinion.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’ve had a few dealings with horse people. It’s ok when you have the best stuff available. Oddly they always seem to want to pay you on the next load. Seems they stay a load ahead.
That’s where the round baler comes in just roll it up for cows

So very true. had a lady buy hay for seven years from me at 200 bales owed. After the last load she moved to Michigan and I never seen her again. @ $4.75 per bale. Do the math.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometime as farmers I think we’re guilty of acting like the old cows. We can get caught up in the grass is greener philosophy or the stuck in the mud and can’t move.
There’s no easy money in what we do matter how you slice it. For me it’s coming down to managing stress and risk.
Farming has changed so much in the last 60yrs. You have to have to be able and willing to do what fits your operation.
The problem is that doesn’t happen overnight it takes time. Most everything I do is for next year/years It’s like we have to be fortunetellers.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometime as farmers I think we’re guilty of acting like the old cows. We can get caught up in the grass is greener philosophy or the stuck in the mud and can’t move.
There’s no easy money in what we do matter how you slice it. For me it’s coming down to managing stress and risk.
Farming has changed so much in the last 60yrs. You have to have to be able and willing to do what fits your operation.
The problem is that doesn’t happen overnight it takes time. Most everything I do is for next year/years It’s like we have to be fortunetellers.

I started with 12 acres, and 3 cows.

Although it feels like I'm not getting ahead sometimes, when I think about where I am now, compared to where I was then.....

It's working out.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started with 12 acres, and 3 cows.

Although it feels like I'm not getting ahead sometimes, when I think about where I am now, compared to where I was then.....

It's working out.

yes you see how it has flowed through too what you have now it was meant to be

Iam hoping to move soon taking on 16 acres of old pasture and 7 acres of
Woodland in total isolation
F661A7EB-75FC-4CA7-B1ED-0A53A0BF2E23.jpeg

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was able to get the transmission back together and mostly finished up After work today.
Probably would have finished, but the wife made stuffed peppers for dinner.

View attachment 261900

You gotta go when that’s waiting on the table

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So very true. had a lady buy hay for seven years from me at 200 bales owed. After the last load she moved to Michigan and I never seen her again. @ $4.75 per bale. Do the math.

you got em as well I’ve been buying and selling for years and our state , county
I would only buy and sell to the people near the cities

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t square bale anymore. If I sold to horse people I would buy my hay from someone else and then resale for likely double what I had in it
That’s how to deal with horse hay in my opinion.

its the best way , sell. It from somebody else’s barn I’ve been caught before selling off the field a few bales here a few there and come winter people complaining

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was really surprised that the gears shipped that quickly. I was getting pulled different directions after work today so I’ll finish it up tomorrow.

Good you could do it. My boys put new gear in their quadrange 4450 this spring. Just gears and bearings was over 9 grand. Glad they could do it themselves.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good you could do it. My boys put new gear in their quadrange 4450 this spring. Just gears and bearings was over 9 grand. Glad they could do it themselves.
Old iron at this point. They made some gold ones I’ve got over 10000 on some of them. No mercy. I’ve got ih with long hours too they really don’t make em likr they used to...
I always recommend the homeowner buy an old 50 horse tractor over slnthing new...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old iron at this point. They made some gold ones I’ve got over 10000 on some of them. No mercy. I’ve got ih with long hours too they really don’t make em likr they used to...
I always recommend the homeowner buy an old 50 horse tractor over slnthing new...