The Husky 42/42 special/242/246 thread

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mines been getting a good amount of tanks thru it the last month.
Here she is waiting to go out again later with some others, I'll throw some different saws in the mix today so they all get a chance to stretch their legs.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So a while back we were excited to learn Duke at Sawsalvage had sourced a replacement bearing for the pto side of these saws. It turns out the seal in those bearings would not hold vacuum or pressure so they weren't the answer we were looking for. Recently I purchased a similar bearing from Sawzilla Parts hoping it would have a better seal. Alas, the Proline bearing that Sawzilla sells is no better and also does not hold vac/pres.

But here is the difference in companies; Duke acknowledged the poor seal and offered refunds to anyone that had purchased the pto side bearing. Whereas Sawzilla - when contacted - couldn't even bother themselves to reply. Not only that, but when I submitted a review for the bearing on their website, they scrubbed my review and continue to sell these substandard bearings.

For my part, it's not a huge amount of money to lose on a bearing that I suspected might not be what I had hoped for, but the very shady business practice of Sawzilla ensures I will never make another purchase from that company again.

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chris is a stand up guy, so no surprise there.

It is a bit of a surprise that the other clowns aren't interested in your heads up, and will continue to sell a suspect part. Not even willing to reply to you is unforgivable.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a shame no One can build a nice slimline saw like these
anymore there so nimble after using anything else nowadays

kårekloak

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if a 242 piston will work in a 42special? I have just received a 42 with toasted piston, and have a new lilredbarn 242xp piston lying here. 🙂

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if a 242 piston will work in a 42special? I have just received a 42 with toasted piston, and have a new lilredbarn 242xp piston lying here. 🙂
I have an old 42 piston on the shelf , no special

Last edited: