Stock mufflers

junkman

Crush it
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody running a stock muffler ? I put one on the 660 sawmill saw ,and it still cut the wood ,but i lost 1000 rpms due to being fat in tune ,so a slight tweak i was back to 13k ,it still cut the wood ,amazing ,i have never ran a stock muffler before ,and it was much quieter .

Discuss

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
4:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Anybody running a stock muffler ? I put one on the 660 sawmill saw ,and it still cut the wood ,but i lost 1000 rpms due to being fat in tune ,so a slight tweak i was back to 13k ,it still cut the wood ,amazing ,i have never ran a stock muffler before ,and it was much quieter .

Discuss

Stock mufflers and OPE oil.....what's next?

My only conclusion is everything is over hyped on forums.

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I run a stock muffler on my 6100. I don't have any desire to make it louder. However some saws have an annoying exhaust note stock and need opened up just to tolerate them running.
Milling I can totally understand not wanting a saw to loud. I would have to see vast improvements to justify the extra noise.
i used my 660 mill out in the street milling in the suburbs.. didn't have one neighbor come out and complain about noise. they cant be that loud lol :)
I wonder if that is because it didn't bother them or they didn't want to go yell at the guy in the street with a chainsaw.
Chainsaw massacre was a popular movie they may have that running through the back of their mind.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Discuss
Were you milling WOT ?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
3:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
i got a bone stock homelite super xl and it is loud enough as is with out removing the guts. that stihl 041 will make a deaf kid cry with only two addition slits added to the muffler. i like a little noise with out having the to pack my ears with cotton balls.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you milling WOT ?
Wide open loaded is between 9200 and 10 k depending in how hard i push the handlebars ,the sweet spot for smooth boards seems to be 7200 ,when i piss revved the saw no load and shut it off tach said 12900 ,i had to lean the carb after took the dual cover off it lost almost 1000 rpm doing that ,has stock baffle box inside and little factory opening now ,sounds like a sewing machine,still has plenty of power also for milling