Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put another one of these ugly bumpers on one of these fugly trucks. This gen is easier than the last one but it takes time. Westin doesn’t make the damper relocation brackets right so he has to drive this and see if it trips an error before I put the lights on.
View attachment 435335
I'll stick with my 80s model trucks.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it does. The 2nd time I put down used floor like that I only cleaned the dirt out of the joints. Nailed it down and rented a drum sander and edger. Way faster.
Either way, beautiful floors when done. The old flooring seems to take stain deeper.
That's what we are doing.

This is our new shop building. I'm not sure I'll even sand it.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what we are doing.

This is our new shop building. I'm not sure I'll even sand it.
Sanding would depend on whether any edges are proud. As we get older, we think we are lifting our feet higher than we are. Easy to catch an edge when turning around. Ask me how I know.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sanding would depend on whether any edges are proud. As we get older, we think we are lifting our feet higher than we are. Easy to catch an edge when turning around. Ask me how I know.
This is exactly why I want to sand.....and most likely will. I try to talk myself out of it, because "it's just a shop" but I'm sure in the end, I'll sand it.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cleaned the corrosion off these two antique calipers and they also have a scale on the back / I have no idea what the words on them mean / The lid has an inch scale at the bottom

Attachments

• IMG_20241001_112943.jpg
    IMG_20241001_112943.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20241001_113056.jpg
    IMG_20241001_113056.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put another one of these ugly bumpers on one of these fugly trucks. This gen is easier than the last one but it takes time. Westin doesn’t make the damper relocation brackets right so he has to drive this and see if it trips an error before I put the lights on.
View attachment 435335
That is one ugly ars front end.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our house was built around 1946-1948. It pretty much stayed original until 1991 when the farmer who lived and raised his family here was murdered by his son. His widow stayed on the farm and had the house remodeled. She had everything carpeted with the exception of the bathroom. The kitchen was even carpeted which is just plumb stupid. We bought the farm in 1999 when the widow was tired of fighting the bad weather and upkeep. After we moved in my wife said that damn carpet has to go and I agreed. In looking up from the basement the original wood flooring could be seen. My wife was adamant that she wanted to tear out the carpet and refinish the floors. I tried telling her that as much as I hated the carpet the wood flooring would be worse. She just did not understand. Well we tore out the carpet and she saw what I was trying to explain. A lot of folks see wood flooring and automatically think it is high and tight hardwood flooring that will look beautiful after sanding and finish. I tried telling her this house was built just after the war and was done on a budget. The flooring is softwood pine. Once the carpet was ripped out one night I turned off the lights on the first floor and then turned on the basement lights. It was quite a spectacle. She saw all the open gaps as the light shown through. She then agreed to 18 inch ceramic tile.

Best damn flooring ever........til you drop a plate.