So what did you do today?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Chased the family of gophers away, well kinda..
20230523_143415[1].jpg
Ended up prepping the garden for plants in a couple of days.

20230523_145428.jpg20230523_151557.jpg

Pile of roots caught on tines while tilling. A annual event.
I probably need to do a root plane between the chain link fence and the garden. There is a silver maple about 30 ft away that seems to like the garden watering.
If there are other options that might be easier (than a root plane) to slow down the root spread I'd like to hear them.

edit: sp correction

Last edited:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chased the family of gophers away, well kinda..
View attachment 378868
Ended up prepping the garden for plants in a couple of days.

View attachment 378869View attachment 378870

Pile of roots caught on tines while tilling. A annual event.
I probably need to do a root plane between the chain link fence and the garden. There is a silver maple about 30 ft away that seems to like the garden watering.
If there are other options that might be easier (than a root plane) to slow down the root spread I'd like to hear them.

edit: sp correction
Silver maples can be very troublesome with surface roots. I recently purchased a walk behind stump grinder specifically to deal with those roots. I had a front yard full of them and took out probably 100' of them. Some by cutting them on both ends with the grinder I was able to pull out. Others needed the entire length ground. One of the stumps from the removed tree was removed and the other stump from the other tree was too daunting for that unit so I ground off everything radiating but left the stump itself for the termites to work over.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fired up the wood splitter today and split about half a cord of wood. Trying to clean my woodyard up a bit. Also mowed some grass and sorted though a bunch of tools and equipment before loading it back into a vehicle.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i repaird my grinder today. the new led light shorted out and popped the gfi plug a few weeks ago. I took it apart and discovered the crappy small wire had split. i took it all apart and soldered new 18 guage wire directly to the circuit board. put it all back together and it worked great for about 30 minutes. then moving the light around and click no power again. something else is shorting on the board. i made it much more durable it still works but if you move it just right something that i didnt replace is bad.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Split more wood today. Also did some trim work in a bathroom, drilled and hung an interior door, repaired holes in a fiberglass bathtub and picked up some items at the grocery store. (Got Groundie a couple donuts for her birthday, we're really doing it up big this year.)

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I fired up an old plastic Homelite XL that I've been building out of mostly spare parts. Ran pretty good, finally got the idle adjusted where I want it, now I'll probably offer it locally for sale. I'd keep it but I already have two of them..

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i replaced the fuel line/filter and a carb kit on the 029 for my work partener. it runs pretty good now. it wouldnt run hardly at all before. i didnt do a pressure vac test and now wonder if i should have. it runs pretty good but i think it could be better. it takes a tune on the low side but wont stay idleing at the same number. it drops low then goes back to where it should.