So what did you do today?

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i drove that truck in high school. it still has the original 350 with the original carburetor neither have been rebuilt. if it sits more than a few days the gas runs out of the carb and it takes a while to fire, but as soon as the gas hits the carb if fires right up every time.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
2:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised no one on here has owned an International pickup?, they would rust if you looked at them to long but talk about utility!
I had a ‘64 Scout. 4 cylinder Hurricane engine and Warn locking hubs. It had to be about 25 percent Bondo but it was a very cool hunting vehicle.Oh, 16” wheels too.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No power steering, heat, ac, insulation, carpet, radio, or even canceling turn signals....but 13,000lbs, 6x6, 6.72 axle ratio...

There are a couple memes that go around, a little rude and cocky for me, but kinda funny -"Oh, you drive a lifted diesel pickup?" That's cute.

Or, "It's like a lifted diesel pickup, but for Men".

"55mph is like re-entering the earth's atmosphere."

In all seriousness, it's like a Harley, loud and slow but drags a lot 'bout anywhere, runs on anything, super simple, and fits in a parking spot...good investment. Also gets lots of waves.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No power steering, heat, ac, insulation, carpet, radio, or even canceling turn signals....but 13,000lbs, 6x6, 6.72 axle ratio...

There are a couple memes that go around, a little rude and cocky for me, but kinda funny -"Oh, you drive a lifted diesel pickup?" That's cute.

Or, "It's like a lifted diesel pickup, but for Men".

"55mph is like re-entering the earth's atmosphere."

In all seriousness, it's like a Harley, loud and slow but drags a lot 'bout anywhere, runs on anything, super simple, and fits in a parking spot...good investment. Also gets lots of waves.
Funny, my state licensed my M35A3C 6 × 6 as an AM General pickup. Yup 13,300 lbs empty and 13mpg with it's 3116 Cat and Allison. It has poor right hand turn city manners though and is limited to 60 mph. It does fit in the same space as a double cab long bed Ram. A great street legal skidder. A stock pickup with 46" tires.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny, my state licensed my M35A3C 6 × 6 as an AM General pickup. Yup 13,300 lbs empty and 13mpg with it's 3116 Cat and Allison. It has poor right hand turn city manners though and is limited to 60 mph. It does fit in the same space as a double cab long bed Ram. A great street legal skidder. A stock pickup with 46" tires.
i have an old unimog thats registered as a mercedes benz station wagon 😂

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm surprised no one on here has owned an International pickup?, they would rust if you looked at them to long but talk about utility!
My dad had an old "binder " 3/4 ton with a 383 engine .I bought it for him as he was recovering from a heart attack for $125 .It was piece of junk but we lined the bed with 1/8" sheet stock and I took 5,600 pounds of #411 stone out of a quarry .Steered real easy with that load .Empty it would out gun most automobiles .That thing was just plain worn out except the engine .Had about 1/8 turn of slop in the steering .Kind of shake , rattled and rolled at about 80 MPH ,smoothed out at around 90 .---yes I was crazy at one time----

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems for some reason I do things in pairs of at least two .Recently it's a pair of 49 cc Partner saws .One done one a works in progress .
Then out of the clear blue comes along a pair of battery golf/utility carts for $100 .A Cushman and an Ez-Go .Electrically the both work but to get to the batteries of the burden carrier Cushman I have to remove the floor from the cart rear deck .Pizz poor way to make that thing .The Ez-Go the battery racks need replaced ,metal termites played a number on them .
Most use six 6 volt deep cycle batteries .Being a tight wad I'm going to use three 12 volt marine deep cycle at $122 a pop times three verses $150 each GC 110 times six . Electrically speaking being a retired electrcian I know how they work.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seems for some reason I do things in pairs of at least two .Recently it's a pair of 49 cc Partner saws .One done one a works in progress .
Then out of the clear blue comes along a pair of battery golf/utility carts for $100 .A Cushman and an Ez-Go .Electrically the both work but to get to the batteries of the burden carrier Cushman I have to remove the floor from the cart rear deck .Pizz poor way to make that thing .The Ez-Go the battery racks need replaced ,metal termites played a number on them .
Most use six 6 volt deep cycle batteries .Being a tight wad I'm going to use three 12 volt marine deep cycle at $122 a pop times three verses $150 each GC 110 times six . Electrically speaking being a retired electrcian I know how they work.
i have the golf cart bug. i am down to two. here is one of them. it has 10 inches of lift and a vanguard 18hp vtwin with a timing advance and valve spring spacers and a performance intake and a muni carb. it goes 55 or 6020131128_135044.jpg