So what did you do today?

Likesaws

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah. Just been making hay, and fighting breakdowns. I'm tired.
Rest is always good.
Going to take Dad on a ride today like almost every Tuesday. His birthday is today and he is 91. Will enjoy whatever time he has left. Sure is lonely for him since Mom passed five years ago.
Hope y’all have a good day too.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rest is always good.
Going to take Dad on a ride today like almost every Tuesday. His birthday is today and he is 91. Will enjoy whatever time he has left. Sure is lonely for him since Mom passed five years ago.

Good on you. Spend as much time with him as possible.

Happens to all of us ... and more frequently as we get older!

I just don't get done what I used to get done every day ... frustrating!

Same here Mike. And I'm not really that old....just too many hard miles.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rest is always good.
Spend all the time you can with him. It sure is hard when ther gone. Lost my dad when he was 56. Not a day goes by I dont think about him.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I managed to get my squish band/base cut for my 372 without screwing up to bad, I ended up with a little ledge that was catching my piston but I fixed it with a wood chisel and sand paper. Also got the ports laid out, EX 102, TR 120/124, IN 78.

KIMG3328.JPG KIMG3329.JPG KIMG3330.JPG KIMG3331.JPG

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finished up the 372 cylinder except for going around the outside of the band with a tiny diamond ball to clean it up, I can't see it in real life but the pics make it look a little rough.

KIMG3337.JPG KIMG3338.JPG KIMG3339.JPG KIMG3340.JPG

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had that same Ozark Trail flashlight about 3 years now.
It's been through hell & still works great!

Nice job on the 372!
Thanks, hope it turns out to be a good runner.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cleaned up all the trees I mowed off so I can have room to continue

eddcb216d4faf52e35805efaf4a5d843.jpg

4fe4694b2bdcb667c9634d19e2135d98.jpg

8749a6c2170b3b04c6898383be766f04.jpg

Piled everything under 2 big locust trees so I can cook em

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those old "war wounds " will come back to haunt you later in life .I can certainly to attest to that . When that happens as it will you have to learn to use what you sit your hat on rather than your now aching back .Things will still get done it just takes longer .My problem is part of me thinks I'm still 30 but my bod reminds me to add another 40 plus years to that .

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also cut the driveways hedge and debarked some split firewood after having mowed the yard.

I am sunburned and tired!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groundi unboxed a Milwaukee battery powered chainsaw today. I was there observing but have a bandaged hand. We're charging the ginormous battery. (12 amp hour). Got this for two reasons, she has a hard time starting gas powered saws sometimes and we also sometimes need a saw on remodeling jobs that we go to in a vehicle with no trunk. So the ability to have a chainsaw without the fuel fumes is going to be a big plus. We'll give it a good workout and report back. It was $500 from Home Depot and came with an extra 6 amp hour battery. (mail order with free shipping). The chain looks pretty lame but we'll see. (16" bar)

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groundi unboxed a Milwaukee battery powered chainsaw today. I was there observing but have a bandaged hand. We're charging the ginormous battery. (12 amp hour). Got this for two reasons, she has a hard time starting gas powered saws sometimes and we also sometimes need a saw on remodeling jobs that we go to in a vehicle with no trunk. So the ability to have a chainsaw without the fuel fumes is going to be a big plus. We'll give it a good workout and report back. It was $500 from Home Depot and came with an extra 6 amp hour battery. (mail order with free shipping). The chain looks pretty lame but we'll see. (16" bar)

My brother has the DeWalt and is very happy with it. Same reasons ... he is (among other things) a licensed surveyor and uses it quite a bit while doing that work.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those old "war wounds " will come back to haunt you later in life .I can certainly to attest to that . When that happens as it will you have to learn to use what you sit your hat on rather than your now aching back .Things will still get done it just takes longer .My problem is part of me thinks I'm still 30 but my bod reminds me to add another 40 plus years to that .

I am right behind you and agree with your comments completely. I do exercises for my back every morning, which seem to help me a lot. I'll do anything I think I'm strong enough to do, but I have difficulty going a full day at a good pace. (I'm used to going far longer than a full day at a high pace).

I take more breaks during the day, and try to avoid long days.

As Rondeau (the Adirondack Mtn Man) once said "Father time keeps picking my pocket, and I can't seem to get him to stop."