So what did you do today?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Delivered the truck, so that's gone. Sold a 4 wheeler today and that will get picked up in the morning. Bought two Stihl bike handlebar trimmers today. Both non-runners. Hopefully it won't take much to put them in shape. I'll flip those as I already have what I need in that department.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While working in the shop today I had an argument...for real, with my 8 yr old little girl. Metallica’s ‘ fade to black’ came on the radio and she told me in no uncertain terms that my music was bad. I explained that the guitar solo in that song is considered one of the best in all of metal and she was having none of it. Trash she said. Aladdin is MUCH better she said. So we continue the
debate with me playing several of my favorites.. Marshall Tucker Band, AC/DC, Skynyrd, VH, Eagles...nada. Old man music she says.. the greatest showman...that’s where it’s at she says. Long story short, I was right, but I lost the argument
2ed9b6b656bf75b484e9e20216b0197b.jpg

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got nailed by a nest of yellow jacket bastards while cutting the perimeter of the backyard with the push mower. Them little bastages got my right ankle real good, multiple bites & stings. Managed to keep my flipflops on and kill the evil bastards that were on me. Went back after sundown and got their little fort with 3 cans of the best thing man ever invented. I’m betting that they’re going to be active tomorrow morning and I’ll havta pour some fuel down their entry hole and light them on fire to get rid of them 100% ...........

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got nailed by a nest of yellow jacket bastards while cutting the perimeter of the backyard with the push mower. Them little bastages got my right ankle real good, multiple bites & stings. Managed to keep my flipflops on and kill the evil bastards that were on me. Went back after sundown and got their little fort with 3 cans of the best thing man ever invented. I’m betting that they’re going to be active tomorrow morning and I’ll havta pour some fuel down their entry hole and light them on fire to get rid of them 100% ...........

I can’t like you getting hammered by those evil things, but it can be sadistic fun to pull up a chair near their nest and shoot them individually as they go out/in and watch them writhe in pain as the poison works and they slowly die.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had that happen several years ago. Minding my own business cutting my yard peacefully coexisting with nature. Then BAM!!! Yellow jackets ambushed me. I’m beating the crap out of myself trying to get them off to no avail. Run for the front door to jump in the shower. Dam doors locked. What? Wife and one daughter inside enjoying the show, just wrong. Got inside, with couple hitchhikers, and jump in the shower. That got them off. Seems they don’t like water. Counted 31 stings, thrust me you don’t forget a number like that. Went back outside to scout where their ground nest is. Found it. Waited til dark when they’re all snug in their beds and flooded them with gasoline. Then fired it up. Never happened again. Guessing their queen was having a bad day; it got even worse. Figured out I’m not allergic to yellow jackets. Happy healing

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh BTW. I finished my deck today. Only took 42 days with NO help. All the kids said they’d help but when they asked why I didn’t call them I said cause you knew I was working on it why should I hafta ask. If you wanted to help you would have. Just a grouchy old man I guess.
332 sf with 8’ wide steps

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had that happen several years ago. Minding my own business cutting my yard peacefully coexisting with nature. Then BAM!!! Yellow jackets ambushed me. I’m beating the crap out of myself trying to get them off to no avail. Run for the front door to jump in the shower. Dam doors locked. What? Wife and one daughter inside enjoying the show, just wrong. Got inside, with couple hitchhikers, and jump in the shower. That got them off. Seems they don’t like water. Counted 31 stings, thrust me you don’t forget a number like that. Went back outside to scout where their ground nest is. Found it. Waited til dark when they’re all snug in their beds and flooded them with gasoline. Then fired it up. Never happened again. Guessing their queen was having a bad day; it got even worse. Figured out I’m not allergic to yellow jackets. Happy healing
They got me once. I was working a tree removal, and was on the phone with the boss at the time because some equipment broke. All of a sudden I get a sting and another, and threw my phone and ran. They guys joked they took my phone from me. I went back for it after an hour or so. We burned them with gas.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
05ad666e8d8e94fe0cadca68dd4523ac.jpg

Today I went through a few of the bigger saws replaced some fuel lines, buffers etc.

I need to get back on my 026 projects. Anyone know if theres a difference in head gasket thickness on the 026?

Stihl 1118-029-2306 is the .5mm gasket (thinner one)

Stihl 1121-029-2305 is the 1mm gasket (thicker one)

As always these numbers may have changed with Stihl, but offered to a dealer with the right
software they will point you in the right direction.

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl 1118-029-2306 is the .5mm gasket (thinner one)

Stihl 1121-029-2305 is the 1mm gasket (thicker one)

The thicker gasket (1121 029 2305) is used on the low compression version of the chainsaw. This is because of the sometimes not so good fuel quality in third world countries, to prevent detonation.

The thinner (1118 029 2306) gasket is the normal version used on most models.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took off my car trailer wheels, removed the tyres and now I am waiting for the tyre shop to give me a call that the new ordered black walls are in.

Last year I blew one of my trailers 30+ year old tyres, replaced it last week.
I came to the conclusion that I best replace all the tyres, price is good too.

The old tyres are Vredestein Speedmaster and I am certain I overloaded them more than once.
I am curious to see how the new tyres will behave, they are rated 51psi, made by Trayal which is owned by Cooper Tyres.

22$ each including inner tube ain't too bad.
I am getting three, two on the trailer and one spare.

The wheels are tiny, 4.0x8.0, wheelbarrow wheel size. :)