User ID
Reaction score
Last few days, have been the busiest I've had all year :D

Got one day in on my real job:
enhance

enhance

Went to cut firewood yesterday....

enhance

My baby girl just wasn't satisfied with one load so, had to cut another...

enhance

Then today, I had to take a few trees out of my yard. A double white oak, was impeding my path to my woodshed. So they had to go. Got to bust out the tractors (always fun)...

enhance

I also had a 4 tree cluster of white oaks that were pretty close to the power line. Problem was, one of em was leaning towards it pretty good. I've been pretty worried every time the wind blows. The 310 pushed em over pretty good. Was a pretty good size stump, & root ball though.

enhance

I had hoped to get it all done but, ran out of ummpf about 7pm or so. Was food/beer thirty by then. I got kind of a late start as, I had to wait for the ol lady to go to work. She's kind of turned all tree hugger on me lately, & doesn't want me cutting any more trees down on our property, for any reason..hahahaha Ain't a lot left. I should be able to get it all cleaned up tomorrow morning before she gets up. All the blocks are already in the wood shed. Just have a little brush to relocate, & a couple passes with the bucket, here & there. All in all, was a good day. Got to play with a couple of my favorite things. Tractors, & chainsaws :)

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last few days, have been the busiest I've had all year :D

Got one day in on my real job:
enhance

enhance

Went to cut firewood yesterday....

enhance

My baby girl just wasn't satisfied with one load so, had to cut another...

enhance

Then today, I had to take a few trees out of my yard. A double white oak, was impeding my path to my woodshed. So they had to go. Got to bust out the tractors (always fun)...

enhance

I also had a 4 tree cluster of white oaks that were pretty close to the power line. Problem was, one of em was leaning towards it pretty good. I've been pretty worried every time the wind blows. The 310 pushed em over pretty good. Was a pretty good size stump, & root ball though.

enhance

I had hoped to get it all done but, ran out of ummpf about 7pm or so. Was food/beer thirty by then. I got kind of a late start as, I had to wait for the ol lady to go to work. She's kind of turned all tree hugger on me lately, & doesn't want me cutting any more trees down on our property, for any reason..hahahaha Ain't a lot left. I should be able to get it all cleaned up tomorrow morning before she gets up. All the blocks are already in the wood shed. Just have a little brush to relocate, & a couple passes with the bucket, here & there. All in all, was a good day. Got to play with a couple of my favorite things. Tractors, & chainsaws :)

Nice looking roof and cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My boy, 25 years old, wanted to have a dad day so we cut a load of firewood. I took my Rattler 394, 288 and stock 562. I cut it down with the feller buncher at work because I was moving it by anyway. As always, I didnt take enough pictures, just one as usual.
0201201641.jpg

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My boy, 25 years old, wanted to have a dad day so we cut a load of firewood. I took my Rattler 394, 288 and stock 562. I cut it down with the feller buncher at work because I was moving it by anyway. As always, I didnt take enough pictures, just one as usual.
View attachment 221630
Love your loaded truck pics!

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would like to know more about this.
I am a simulator technician working as a contractor for the Army. The site I work at is a mobile site that has four M1A1 tank simulators and four M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle simulators that are housed inside of semi trailers. We custom build battlefield simulations according to the units training objectives. I have traveled all over the US with this job, we have our own 350kw generators so we can set up and train soldiers pretty much any where that is level enough to drop semi trailers. We are also able to link to other sets like ours that are around stationed around the US.

Units can use our simulators to conduct training without having to worry about training distractions such mechanical break downs and the need to refuel. A major advantage is the there is no cost for fuel, ammo and maintenance parts. And with the Minnesota winters it is a great way for the soldiers to continue to develop their skills without being out in the bitter cold.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I choose to be a timber faller. We make the mess, loggers clean it up, lol.
No, I like loggers, but I’d rather be a timber faller. Independent, better hours and more money.

Do you see the SAIF break down of deaths every year? Every year Timber Faller is number 1 on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Do you see the SAIF break down of deaths every year? Every year Timber Faller is number 1 on the list.

Yes, I am aware of how dangerous timber falling is. I was just saying that timber falling generally has better hours and pay than logging. And generally more independent.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I choose to be a timber faller. We make the mess, loggers clean it up, lol.
No, I like loggers, but I’d rather be a timber faller. Independent, better hours and more money.

I never did log or work on a rigging crew, but I tried to make those guys' lives easier when I was cutting. Pulling and setting rigging is an art all its own.

View attachment 221035 View attachment 221036 I try to limb and stack the trees up for them as best I can, lol.

I'll bet you got a few sticks in there speared into the ground pretty good.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I never did log or work on a rigging crew, but I tried to make those guys' lives easier when I was cutting. Pulling and setting rigging is an art all its own.

I'll bet you got a few sticks in there speared into the ground pretty good.
I definitely try to make their job easier and help them get more logs to the landing. It’s good for everyone if I do a good job, and vice versa. I want to be known as a good faller who tries hard and does a good job, not the other way around. That was more of a joke, the mess thing.
I love running equipment, but I enjoy the timber falling lifestyle more. Those guys work plenty hard as well.

Shane10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Broke sh#t...big to little 1000 pto adapter ripped in two. Musta been a flaw in it somewhere, shear bolts are fine.

I did that same thing once. I know how that one broke though. It was on a bat wing mower and I took it down to steep an incline. Well, at the bottom of the incline the tractor leveled out and essentially made the PTO shaft to short and that’s what gave. $200 later and a trip to the deer dealer and I was back in action.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been installing pine flooring throughout the house. Preparing, finishing, and installing the floor is only half the job. Moving house full of furniture around is the other half. Almost done. Gonna take a break soon and work in the shop
More floor. Ugh! Just gotta do the laundry and back storage rooms and im done. Figure next week?