USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can honestly say 'next to a bunch of damn nothin' in the C-17 hangars today. Wasn't like the mechanics showed up in full force today no how. Did manage to run some avionics checks...and the rest of these C-17's can sit right where their asses are parked til Monday!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can honestly say 'next to a bunch of damn nothin' in the C-17 hangars today. Wasn't like the mechanics showed up in full force today no how. Did manage to run some avionics checks...and the rest of these C-17's can sit right where their asses are parked til Monday!

We see a LOT of military aircraft running training missions in the islands and just before we left I felt a rumble and here comes a C-17 around the SE side of Molokai and up the slot between there and Lanai

That's not unusual but this one was wayyyy down near the deck and the cargo ramp was down

I kept waiting for a drop of some kind but it just motored on towards O'ahu

Couldn't tell if it was USAF or what

There's always C-5s and C-17s parked at Hickham Field

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We see a LOT of military aircraft running training missions in the islands and just before we left I felt a rumble and here comes a C-17 around the SE side of Molokai and up the slot between there and Lanai

That's not unusual but this one was wayyyy down near the deck and the cargo ramp was down

You anywhere near Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage when you’re back Alaska way?

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well damn...that kinda sux!

She had to have her hip done within a year of retiring at age 57

But it helped her VA rating along with the knee she destroyed that was totally service related as well as a few other health issues

What sux worser is she also has to have both shoulders replaced

She is just eaten up with arthritis

Even worser still is the current shoulder replacement technology is kind of behind and apparently they don’t last more than 10 years so they want her to wait until she’s 70

She’s only 63 right now so 7 years of lots of pain to go

Hopefully technology catches up and it will be a one time deal

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She had to have her hip done within a year of retiring at age 57

But it helped her VA rating along with the knee she destroyed that was totally service related as well as a few other health issues

What sux worser is she also has to have both shoulders replaced

She is just eaten up with arthritis

Even worser still is the current shoulder replacement technology is kind of behind and apparently they don’t last more than 10 years so they want her to wait until she’s 70

She’s only 63 right now so 7 years of lots of pain to go

Hopefully technology catches up and it will be a one time deal
Damn...she’ll be the Lindsey Wagner Bionic Woman before she’s done with!

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I see them all the time. I can literally throw a baseball from my deck over the fence at Selfridge ANG Base, home of the 107th A-10 Fighter Squadron. We had to purchase special insurance in case one slide off the runway

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see them all the time. I can literally throw a baseball from my deck over the fence at Selfridge ANG Base, home of the 107th A-10 Fighter Squadron. We had to purchase special insurance in case one slide off the runway

A-10s...

Woo Hoo!!!

Loves me some Warthogs

Bad @$$ machines!!!

I grew up on SAC bases and the rumble of B-52s

The sound of FREEDOM!!!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol...gotta find some humor in all this somewhere my friend. Hate like hell to hear she’s gotta go through all this though.

Thanks BUB

The irony of it all is that I am the one that spent 64 years tearing the crap out of my body and she's the one that is falling apart

I do what I can to make her life easier

Being in Hawaii through the worst of the winter is key

She is scared $hitless of falling on the ice so when we are here in Alaska for the holidays she hibernates and gets depressed being indoors all day

It will work itself out eventually

They injected her knees with this gel stuff today that should help and she will get another steroid injection in December

Then right after Christmas we go back to Hawaii and she will be back moving around and going to water aerobics and generally being more active

Then she starts smiling again

Happy Thanksgiving, thank you for your service, and Semper Fi!!!

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday morning on my way out the door I believe it was 2 F-22’s that took off..I could see the pilots as they came over my house. They’re all pretty loud but these two were friggin loud as hell.

I shot them a thumbs up on the way over and the lead plane tipped his wing to me and got vertical until outta sight, hit the burners, and got gone. The 2nd one followed him.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks BUB

The irony of it all is that I am the one that spent 64 years tearing the crap out of my body and she's the one that is falling apart

I do what I can to make her life easier

Being in Hawaii through the worst of the winter is key

She is scared $hitless of falling on the ice so when we are here in Alaska for the holidays she hibernates and gets depressed being indoors all day

It will work itself out eventually

They injected her knees with this gel stuff today that should help and she will get another steroid injection in December

Then right after Christmas we go back to Hawaii and she will be back moving around and going to water aerobics and generally being more active

Then she starts smiling again

Happy Thanksgiving, thank you for your service, and Semper Fi!!!
Sounds like a plan with the wifey, you two hang in there, everything sounds like it’s got it’s plan.

And a Happy Turkey Day tomorrow to you folks...thank you folks for the service!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday morning on my way out the door I believe it was 2 F-22’s that took off..I could see the pilots as they came over my house. They’re all pretty loud but these two were friggin loud as hell.

I shot them a thumbs up on the way over and the lead plane tipped his wing to me and got vertical until outta sight and got gone. The 2nd one followed him.

They have the Raptors up here as well

Wicked

They had one at the air show a couple years ago

It came screaming in, stopped in midair, then kind of did a multiple 360 degree spin with its nose as the axis

Then it went straight up

Nothing gonna touch that