High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

So what did you do today?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I thought so too...Despite all the things that make them cool, I could never bring myself to lay down that kind of coin for one. I could see myself spending about $250 on one that's mechanically sound but maybe not pretty, $350 tops for a clean one. But that's just me

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The county sent one of their guys to grind a couple of big old stumps for us (town) today... I got picked to assist.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran the string lines for where the deck is going. Squared it all up and now digging the holes by hand. We got too much rain to bring the skid steer of BIL to put holes in. Guess this manual labor will.were off my wintwr fat.lol
Did 2 holes today of 8. Gonna try to finish up tomorrow. Hope to start building saturday if weather will let me.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, speaking of manual labor, my "light work" today was sanding sheetrock, my "heavy work" was busting concrete and rocks with a 16lb sledge hammer.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on my deck post holes
cfdf6050e1dcab1dc281029ba4407035.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to work early in the AM, came from work in the PM - now after having had lunch reluctantly trying to convince myself to move my a$$ and get some work done that noone is doing for me.

Working on my deck post holes
cfdf6050e1dcab1dc281029ba4407035.jpg

I've seen that contraption in a couple movies.

I don't think that thing would work in the rock infested soil that I am digging posts or poles in.
I use a self made manual drill, I made holes with it that are over 1 meter (40") deep - still quite a workout pulling the soil stuck drill out every turn or two of the handle.

I have to dig in a couple acacia/locust poles, another job noone is trying to take away from me.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, speaking of manual labor, my "light work" today was sanding sheetrock, my "heavy work" was busting concrete and rocks with a 16lb sledge hammer.
Don't know about rocks, but I found it fastest and least tiring to bust up concrete with a pick.
If the concrete isn't too thick I'll cut it up into square sections with a large angle grinder and a diamond disk.

A 16lb sledgehammer will excert a lot of force, but it is blunt so I imagine a lot of energy goes wasted - just guessing as I don't own a sledgehammer that heavy.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to work early in the AM, came from work in the PM - now after having had lunch reluctantly trying to convince myself to move my a$$ and get some work done that noone is doing for me.

I've seen that contraption in a couple movies.

I don't think that thing would work in the rock infested soil that I am digging posts or poles in.
I use a self made manual drill, I made holes with it that are over 1 meter (40") deep - still quite a workout pulling the soil stuck drill out every turn or two of the handle.

I have to dig in a couple acacia/locust poles, another job noone is trying to take away from me.
Where i an is mainly clay. Heavy crap. If its small grael it works good bit rocks suck. I was finding bricks and fencing wire in the one hole. Bricks ya gotta dig out by hand.

A hand turn auger is a huge pain in this clay. The one i got is called a jab auger or at least thats what my gramps calls it. I think i inherited it this time. He told me to keep it when im done with it.lol

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My drill:
DSC01648.JPG

My concrete buster:
DSC01642.JPG DSC01643.JPG

Forgot to take pictures of my angle grinder with diamond disk.

In the PM I treated future acacia/locust poles with mineral oil. I'll let it soak in and repeat.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, the concrete I am busting up is over a meter thick. No, not a WWII bunker but it was a set of steps going to a school that was built many years ago. It's about 7' wide and probably 4.5' thick and then thins down to about 2'. I estimate it weighs about 11,000 lbs. I hauled some of it away yesterday and am now filling the dump trailer again. Oh, just to make it more fun, the aggregate used wasn't gravel but granite rocks varying from softball size to basketball size. It's a vendetta. It's been laying in the yard of this property for 25 years and I'm determined to make it go away. I'm also busting up footers and a thin concrete floor that was also from the school site.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So then they decided that since the leaky windows upstairs needed to be replaced, why not just turn the two into one, should be just as easy right? Time for more LVL's, some creative precision sawzalling, and a good back workout which my healing sprained back really appreciated. It did end up being quite theIMG_4664.JPG IMG_4674.JPG IMG_4677.JPG IMG_4678.JPG IMG_4687.JPG smooth retrofit and now they have a less interrupted view of the golf course from the guest bedroom. :facepalm: