High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw video thread

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
20 hours at I believe 12 an hour at the golden arcs. I said MacDougal’s, not McDonald’s.

You know how much I charge Ryan. You were on the receiving end not too long ago.

Keep my price between us.

;)

Oh..and speaking of..I have 2 more jugs you can have.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For $800, I'd just run'em stock with a few tweaks.
Just wouldn't be worth it.
After all, ported saws are just a fad. Over- rated.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For $800, I'd just run'em stock with a few tweaks.
Just wouldn't be worth it.
After all, ported saws are just a fad. Over- rated.

Considering if you get 30% +/- and 20% of that is in the muffler mod and timing bump...lol.

Suckers are born by the boatload these days.

I'll give the dude credit..he's apparently marketing himself REAL well.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He's selling snake oil. Lol

If someone paid me for the time I've put in getting good at the measly 2 things I'm good at they would sh!t their pants.

Sadly the real world doesn't operate like that, and coincidentally the 2 things I've learned could kill me at any given moment.

What's that worth ?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Considering if you get 30% +/- and 20% of that is in the muffler mod and timing bump...lol.

Suckers are born by the boatload these days.

I'll give the dude credit..he's apparently marketing himself REAL well.
Don't forget stickers. I put two on one guys saw by accident once. Damn near snapped the crank from all the extra power. Had to peel one off.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’d have to be insano to spend 800$ on a 300$ 2153....

I agree. The point is, if the man spends the kind of time Scott did on the 461, testing and tuning to get it just right, and he has 2,3,4 days into it, is his time only worth $300.

Does Scott deserve more for all his testing?

How much time and $$$ does Scott have into developing his 661 recipe? What is that time worth? Who pays for that?

It’s more than just the time one has on each particular saw...
What about the investment in tooling and maintaining that tooling?

Why is it ok for a guy to show up at your house with a stump grinder, and charge $350 for 35 min? Or an arborist in a bucket truck charging $700 to take a tree down and it takes him an hour and a half?

Perhaps I’m the idiot, but I think many of you take for granted how much work it is. I did... til I started doing it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. The point is, if the man spends the kind of time Scott did on the 461, testing and tuning to get it just right, and he has 2,3,4 days into it, is his time only worth $300.

How much time and $$$ does Scott have into developing his 661 recipe? What is that time worth? Who pays for that?

Why is it ok for a guy to show up at your house with a stump grinder, and charge $350 for 35 min? Or an arborist in a bucket truck charging $700 to take a tree down and it takes him an hour and a half?

Perhaps I’m the idiot, but I think many of you take for granted how much work it is. I did... til I started doing it myself.

Exactly Dan.

Another question. We had an issue involving T Landrum in the past. He did little work to a 562 and charged Standard prices. If another model took him 10X as long, did he charge more?

You're paying for the expertise. If I do 5 jugs at once, they wont get the same attention one at a time does. I prefer doing one at a time. But for production, someone will do 10 at a time that run 95% or less as well as a one off. That's just how it goes.

The extra testing may or may not cost more. If I spent 10 more hours on your saw to perfect my recipe for the next 10 I do, should I charge you more and the others less? It's the experience one pays for.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Very good point. My question is is this 800$ port job on the 2153 a “woods port” or a “race port” like Scott did on 461? Would the saw last in the woods/cutting many cords of firewood?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A guy can charge what he wants and a customer can pay what they want. Plain and simple.

Like Scott said above, More power to a guy that charges more and gets it, along with happy customers. That's THEIR business. Doesn't make it wrong or right. Noone should criticize it.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very good point. My question is is this 800$ port job on the 2153 a “woods port” or a “race port” like Scott did on 461? Would the saw last in the woods or cutting many cords of firewood?

Precisely... no one knows what he is doing, and yet they bash him.
And I’m willing to bet Scott’s “race port” would hold up just fine in the woods.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Precisely... no one knows what he is doing, and yet they bash him.
And I’m willing to bet Scott’s “race port” would hold up just fine in the woods.

Scott I’m pretty sure has been doing it for longer than I’ve been alive. His reputation is solid and he has made a name for himself. I’m just curious to see how the insano saws would run against a 300$ port job.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Sadly no-one pays for that time, and that goes for MOST professions.

If my boss grinds your stump in your yard you are paying for :

Workmans compensation
Insurance
Fuel
Wear
Employee time
Registration ( we have that in PA ) to be any type of contractor.
I'm sure I missed a few things.

That's every time...it never pays off, my boss has 4 grand a month in bills..i wouldn't want those worries...and that's small potatoes to some tree services I know.

It's like college for some people, they aren't getting paid to learn, they're the ones paying and hoping that down the road it pays off.