Saw video thread

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one that has me thining WTF is a guy named Jason Egan.

Not on any forums just Facebook but has quite the fan club. I asked if he had any videos or a youtube channel but only a few on FB. No real info about what he does or charges but his name is mentioned in every thread I see there on porting.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not on any forums just Facebook but has quite the fan club. I asked if he had any videos or a youtube channel but only a few on FB. No real info about what he does or charges but his name is mentioned in every thread I see there on porting.

You know, I googled him not that long ago. There was someone in Minneapolis selling a 461 "race saw" that he did. I'm surprised nothing from Facebook came up. I couldn't really find any info on the guy or what he does. The seller wanted something like $1500-1600 for the 461. According to the ad, he had the saw built to compete in local races, but ended up having family issues or something and couldn't race. I think he said in the ad that the race port was a 600 or 700 package. The ad's gone now. Maybe he found a buyer...

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are 2 sides to this I suppose.
We're free to charge whatever we wish for anything we do. Capitalism. Maybe he has raised his prices to where he ports as many as he wants to or has the ability to.

Seems like a lot of $ for guys to spend if he's actually doing a saw or 2 every day

Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You mean to tell me he had no hecklers chiming in on the 15k in the cut, broken tach video?
I wonder how many comments he's deleted from his videos. I only found one paying customer comment which he had pinned to the top of his page. I found that to be a little tacky.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

He seems like a good guy. I've talked back and forth a few times on fb posts. Never heard anyone complaining about him. Take that FWIW. Saws seem pretty good to me, (from my armchair).

EDIT: Guess ya have to click over to fb to see it. 562 w/ full comp 28" noodling.
DLing the video to share... hang on...

Last edited: