High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw video thread

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't have anything against jack. I don't know the guy. if he can get the money he gets, then more power to him.

I dont know him either, so obviously i have nothing against the dude..i just think hes taking advantage of the uninformed.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had that exact video in mind when I made the comment. He's trying to sell the saw in a competitive market area, and I won't believe it unless I hear insane0 himself say it or see where he wrote it.
Believe it, I emailed him for the hell of it just to see, his full extra duper insanomized with extensive chamber work was $800 on a 2153! I asked him what that actually was and he stopped communicating with me. Before that I asked him why he was so expensive and he said because his saws are the fastest, I asked if he’d ever won any races or had his saws compared to anyone else’s and he said no! He seemed quite windy to me! I’d put anyone on this forum
that ports saws against and wager they’d all hold their own and probably beat his for a fraction of the cost! Sorry for the long winded post, but that guy rubs me the wrong way!

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed! When I help friends I expect nothing back.
But you should still make more in your premium time than at work when “ working “ for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does this mean my wife is going to pay me double time to plow snow today?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For anyone that has ported a saw, never mind figuring out what works on a particular saw, these prices seem less as price gouging. At $300 for a port job, every member of this forum is getting a freakin smoking deal! I’ve not been payed for a port job, but if I add up my time on the ones I’ve done, I’m not making much at $300. Perhaps on a brand new saw after the research is done, as Randy does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well put Dan.

Takes me 2 full days per saw. I could make more money working at MacDougals.

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Believe it, I emailed him for the hell of it just to see, his full extra duper insanomized with extensive chamber work was $800 on a 2153! I asked him what that actually was and he stopped communicating with me. Before that I asked him why he was so expensive and he said because his saws are the fastest, I asked if he’d ever won any races or had his saws compared to anyone else’s and he said no! He seemed quite windy to me! I’d put anyone on this forum
that ports saws against and wager they’d all hold their own and probably beat his for a fraction of the cost! Sorry for the long winded post, but that guy rubs me the wrong way!

If he can get that kind of jingle to sit on his ass and play with a lathe and a foredom it kinda makes me wonder why he's out there cuttin' timber..

If I could make 600-1000 bucks on a port job every 1-2 days I'd be on that like stink on sh!t

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If he can get that kind of jingle to sit on his ass and play with a lathe and a foredom it kinda makes me wonder why he's out there cuttin' timber..

If I could make 600-1000 bucks on a port job every 1-2 days I'd be on that like stink on sh!t
But with every one of those greenbacks comes the one bad saw, and then the complaints. Then harassment and paying shipping both ways multiple times to make it right.

That’s why shops closed here. Friends and repeats only for me. I’m not taking new Work, unless promised in past. I’ll stick to my word there.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
But with every one of those greenbacks comes the one bad saw, and then the complaints. Then harassment and paying shipping both ways multiple times to make it right.

That’s why shops closed here. Friends and repeats only for me. I’m not taking new Work, unless promised in past. I’ll stick to my word there.

I'll take every customer complaint under the sun for that kind of money....

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
8:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn Tony. You’ve come a long way since asking how to widen an ex port.

:aplastao:
Yeah and I will say thankyou to you and a few others on here that helped me get started.
I am turning down saw work and now only really do it for friends.
I do also have a 1/5th scale RC car motor to buuld for a workmate who wants a hot motor to race at national championship competition.
Pressure is on... I have never ported a piped weed wacker haha