Saw video thread

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It turns out that there was an oiler problem. The hose that carries the oil from the pump to the bar had come apart, so the saw was pumping the oil into the cavity behind the clutch. Fortunately, enough ran up the damaged hose to the bar to keep it safe (30” bar), but most was wasted.
At the delivery port the original hose was swaged into place with a brass seal that looks like the end of a brass pipe. I used Stihl fuel line to replace it. Gluing it in place at the delivery end with untra copper RTV. It should work and restore the saw oil system. View attachment 438374
Great to see you with an 084 Jim! The 084 is a saw I've worked extensively on, and done lots of research into oilers not working properly! https://opeforum.com/threads/modifying-the-stihl-084-oil-pump-for-increased-flow.25547/
However, before doing the modification suggested above, I'd advise you to replace the oil delivery hose with the correct hard plastic hose which is still avialble from Stihl (Part number 1124 007 1010 - which incidentally is the same as used on an 064). The hose is NOT easy to install and there is a few techniques that make it easier (I.e. drill a 5mm hole down the division between two blocks of aluminium to create a clamp to hold the hose without crushing it while you push the pump onto it) and the kit comes with the little brass ferrule you mention above for the bar pad end. The hard plastic hose is needed otherwise you'll find standard fuel hose tends to kink where it bends.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great to see you with an 084 Jim! The 084 is a saw I've worked extensively on, and done lots of research into oilers not working properly! https://opeforum.com/threads/modifying-the-stihl-084-oil-pump-for-increased-flow.25547/
However, before doing the modification suggested above, I'd advise you to replace the oil delivery hose with the correct hard plastic hose which is still avialble from Stihl (Part number 1124 007 1010 - which incidentally is the same as used on an 064). The hose is NOT easy to install and there is a few techniques that make it easier (I.e. drill a 5mm hole down the division between two blocks of aluminium to create a clamp to hold the hose without crushing it while you push the pump onto it) and the kit comes with the little brass ferrule you mention above for the bar pad end. The hard plastic hose is needed otherwise you'll find standard fuel hose tends to kink where it bends.
I believe that hose kit comes with an internal spring to keep the hose open as well

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up on the part number. What I’ve got is working for now and will do until I can install the right stuff. The kit is on the way though!