farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
9:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did You try advancing the timing at all? There are some saws that wake right up with a little advance and some can take a little more and/or need more to feel a difference, some wont like it at all. And Idk how much advance the 562s can take… Its been a while since i have tinkered with one.
Yeah, I advance the timing on most saws I do.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I advance the timing on most saws I do.
Hmmm..
Idk man, like you said before, maybe try and fiddle around with port timing/ transfers some more. It gets old taking apart the same saw 1000 times but thats what it takes sometimes. You’ll get er.👍🏻🤙🏻

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
9:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm..
Idk man, like you said before, maybe try and fiddle around with port timing/ transfers some more. It gets old taking apart the same saw 1000 times but thats what it takes sometimes. You’ll get er.👍🏻🤙🏻
I cut the top of the piston flat and cut the squish band. I’m talking with another builder, I most likely have too much intake & strato duration. I will probably swap in a different piston and try again.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave me ms172 a run.
Only have about a tank and a half of fuel through it. Am just getting it under a good load to seat the rings.
Anyways not a bad little saw. I think it could handle anything a homeowner could throw at it.
And yeah she's running the good stuffs 25:1 minerals oils 👍
Is it an improvement on the old ms170? IMHO Yes

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Righto now we get the ms172 under some real load work the guts out of it! lol

This might give you guys overseas an understanding as to why we run 90cc saws and short bars!
Nobody has the time to be farting about with little saws in hard aussie hardwoods if ya have work to do.
I'm just getting the saw under a good load to seat the rings is no way I'd normally stuff about with a little saw in this type of hard timber lol

Last edited: