Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just the species of trees?
This is all speculation, fyi. East coast trees tend to be hard(er)woods which tend to be slower growing, so if they are logged with the same frequency as West coast trees their average size will be smaller. Also, the West is a more recent “discovery” so the chance of there being untouched sections of forest is greater.
Plus, back when the US was first discovered, huge, West-coast sized trees did exist on the East coast, but they were all cut down for either building materials, coal production, farm clearing, firewood, etc, long long ago.
Since they were cut down so very long ago and there aren’t really traces of their existence, no one remembers them. Since the discovery of the West coast giants wasn’t so very long ago and the gov’t saved some, knowledge of their existence is more widespread.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is all speculation, fyi. East coast trees tend to be hard(er)woods which tend to be slower growing, so if they are logged with the same frequency as West coast trees their average size will be smaller. Also, the West is a more recent “discovery” so the chance of there being untouched sections of forest is greater.
Plus, back when the US was first discovered, huge, West-coast sized trees did exist on the East coast, but they were all cut down for either building materials, coal production, farm clearing, firewood, etc, long long ago.
Since they were cut down so very long ago and there aren’t really traces of their existence, no one remembers them. Since the discovery of the West coast giants wasn’t so very long ago and the gov’t saved some, knowledge of their existence is more widespread.
Bingo.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny how that Kazi guy ALWAYS agrees with me, it is almost embarrassing!!!

I know he has cut a lot more stuff than I have.

In fact, both my knees still work!

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Because people don't cut yard trees on the west coast and then cut grass after they do it.

It's science.
Rural people on the West coast usually don’t have yard trees growing in their lawn. Heck, a lot of the time they don’t even have a lawn! Plus, in their yard they just cut the stumps low and leave them to rot or dig them out with a tractor. City people that have trees growing through their lawn hire people like you to cut them down and grind away the stumps.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rural people on the West coast usually don’t have yard trees growing in their lawn. Heck, a lot of the time they don’t even have a lawn! Plus, in their yard they just cut the stumps low and leave them to rot or dig them out with a tractor. City people that have trees growing through their lawn hire people like you to cut them down and grind away the stumps.

With or without a wrap handle ?

Then what do they do with the mower ?

The forum needs to know.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With or without a wrap handle ?

Then what do they do with the mower ?

The forum needs to know.
If they are a homeowner they use a saw with a half wrap. If they are a nomadic, non home-owning pro ;) they use a saw with a full wrap.

There are many uses for push-behind lawn mowers out here. Some people use mowers to trim Sasquatches' back hair before photo shoots. Others use it as a dust or snow blower depending on the season, a few people use them to start grass or brush fires in their backyard, and others have them sitting around as a useless status symbol, like a Hummer. A few illegal uses that come to mind is using them as tweaker bait or strategically hiding them in the brush and waiting for a masticator to suck them up.

Riding mowers are used as all-terrain fat people scooters or they're hot-rodded for racing.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots won't pay to have the stump removed, so they just ask you to flush them. This can require some added work, but done right you can mow over the stump. Most in the east live in subdivisions or concrete jungles now. The growth in the area I'm in has radically changed in my lifetime, it was all farmland trees and hills, most of it is now covered in subdivisions, with houses built so close together you can barely run a push mower in between them.

Hopefully do to the geography that won't happen out west, but my guess it will eventually.

I leave the stumps in the woods high, but that can attract termites, which is bad for any nearby wooden structures, not sure the trees out west attract the same type of bugs.

I do rent a grinder from time to time, so here's a quick video for the video thread.[emoji1]

https://youtube.com/shorts/OvNmXngxBXQ?feature=share

Last edited:

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
New York Only
wealthy enough to have someone cut my grass.
Watcha talkin bout Willis LOL

I can't even cut my own grass..... 4 non working riders, (3 were already here when we moved in), one push mower needs a head gasket, and the other seized on me last week when I was mowin knee high grass.

Maybes I should have hired a pro and gave him room and board. We do have 10bdrms here. LOL