Saw video thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a little more out of the ported 395. Seems to like the changes. Couldn’t have the 066 hybrid being that close to it lol. Both saws run well though... regardless of which one is faster than the other.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Canadian farm boy how you like that Forrester platinum bar? I've had mine for a good while now prolly 2 years on a couple of them. I've been very pleased with them so far. Very nice job on the 572.
I don’t have a lot of run time on that bar but so far it has been great. It doesn’t feel any heavier then a stihl ES bar and I think it’s just as stiff.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
West coast big bar builds are faster than east coast cookie cuttin' builds and the entire internet knows it :)
Dreary Days 2020 1st place saw:
Haha, why is always west coast east coast? Could always put a 50” bar on her and buck up some big spruce, plenty of it out here!
Nice saw, is she on funny fuel?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a little more out of the ported 395. Seems to like the changes. Couldn’t have the 066 hybrid being that close to it lol. Both saws run well though... regardless of which one is faster than the other.
Would be cool to see those both on the dyno, knowing the 395 is faster, dose it also have more hp?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be careful there. The mob will get you.
The 395 mofia! Haha!I am defending the 395 On the dyno, I kinda feel the torque curve has something to do with it, and maybe other factors. Those two saws would either prove ore disprove as few of my scattered theories!!! Lol I mean if one side has 18% more cutting speed but has less power on the Dyno that would be interesting, if it has more power than it has more power...but is it 18% more, either way it would be interesting

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem is you can dyno 10 different saws and get 10 different numbers. Which is why it’s important if your testing for porting gains to test the saw your porting stock first, then the same saw after porting. If you test against a different stock saw... it’s not as good a baseline. One saw could be stronger stock with better numbers, porting or even the carburetor. Which will give it an advantage over another similarly done saw when both are ported. Doc’s 044 hybrid gained huge with just the change of a carburetor.
That’s exactly my point, you have two know quantities in those saws, the 395 is proven 18% faster in your testing...and I think you did an excellent job making a fair comparison...now wouldn’t it be interesting to see how they compared on the dyno? I don’t even care what you he numbers are, just if there is an 18% power spread or what makes that particular 395 18% faster than that 64/66

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s exactly my point, you have two know quantities in those saws, the 395 is proven 18% faster in your testing...and I think you did an excellent job making a fair comparison...now wouldn’t it be interesting to see how they compared on the dyno? I don’t even care what you he numbers are, just if there is an 18% power spread or what makes that particular 395 18% faster than that 64/66
I’ve decided to delete my post rather than clutter up the saw video thread. But it is an interesting theory regardless, I agree.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I said that a while back. Go from Dyno to wood. Affirm the results through real life testing. But the smarter guys said no good...
Just not happenin.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I said that a while back. Go from Dyno to wood. Affirm the results through real life testing. But the smarter guys said no good...
Just not happenin.
Affirm results... you just ran it on a dyno. Am I missing something here. Dyno is for measurements, HP/TQ. Not wood/chain/operator [shall I say it..] variables!

If my 394 lays a dyno graph whoopin’ on your 660, then you cut a cookie faster, what does that prove?:cursing2: You are a better operator, you sharpen chain better than I etc.