Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs7_R3NalRKf8_wuNlteTQQ

Just uploaded a video replacing the cylinder/piston on an 026 chainsaw:

I'm still trying to find a video format that works best, I think the one above for the 026 was the easiest to edit and do commentary on. Any comments on format preference would be great!

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
T27 is what stihl use most of the time.

that ring seize is probably due to poor mix fuel or carb , slight air leak

Oem wrist pins is better than am shame you lost one.

would have been better to practice porting on the am jug and clean up that oem jug… to use again. Oem way betterer than am.

if you do port timings as well,, it with help to know why some cylinders are better, oem is better than am thou.

Should have done a p &v test first really

Caryon playing with chainsaws ,you will learn and grow moare Knowledge your CAD will grow…;)

Shibby

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely hang onto the original cylinder. It's in really good shape, just needs a proper hone.

I don't have anything to do a proper pressure and vacuum test, just a normal DIY-er. I try to make my videos friendly for others that don't have all the fancy shop tools.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely hang onto the original cylinder. It's in really good shape, just needs a proper hone.

I don't have anything to do a proper pressure and vacuum test, just a normal DIY-er. I try to make my videos friendly for others that don't have all the fancy shop tools.
Testing the carb, case or both for vacuum or pressure is not a pro thing. Everyone should be doing it or you miss half the problems. How will you make a blown case gasket or leaking seal work right by replacing the jug?

I didn't watch the video.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think your find lighting performance. Is referring to if the saw had a blowing seal or crank gasket, you would end up just possibly knackering your new cylinder & piston. Or just end up chasing around trying to tune it.

which is what I was referring to really.

And as much as I hate to promote tin pony (iron horse chainsaw) on you tube. You will watch him “faff” with a jonsered that’s locked up only to find a wrist pin c clip got loose and foobared the p&c
I will add it was a pop up piston so I’m guessing it was a hyway… yours will more than likely do the same. It’s done it to me with a ftec p&c ( and don’t listen to much you will only learn bs from tin pony)

I’m not slating your work or vid, I’m just trying to help you learn from others people’s mistakes so you don’t have to go there .
All the guys here are willing to help. You just have to understand how they come across,

Btw google easy transfer cleanup mastermind. Or something like that. It’s here somewhere.
it will get that oem cylinder back working better than the farmatec cylinder.

Anyhow it’s your path in which you choose to go. Im sure it will be interesting learning curve for you