102.4 KB · Views: 61

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SawTroll The Echo fans don't care about the advertised power output of their saws, or complete lack thereof. They just like their saws for what they are at the price they are paying. As for the AM parts supplier that owns this site, these guys are genuinely interested in what we think about what they are selling. They are listening to what we are wanting. They are working on prototypes of items we are asking for. Some guys here like to build saws for quick resale. Not every saw brings good money on the resale. It often would cost more to purchase an OEM top end for a flip saw than the saw will bring on the used market. This is where the cheap aftermarket parts come in very handy. The aftermarket for saw parts business has gotten big enough that the OEM parts prices have been lowered. That is a win for all of us saw enthusiasts. Is the quality of the China made parts in question? Absolutely. Sometimes you get a hit and sometimes you get a dud. As a general rule, they will replace the dud or refund your money so you can buy a different one, or get a replacement that meets spec. I personally appreciate your knowledge and enjoy many of your posts. My preferred saw manufacturer is Husqvarna, but I own many other brands, to include Echo. Each saw has it's purpose. Everyone has their preference. If we all wanted the same thing, few of us could afford it. To paraphrase, OEM parts are good, aftermarket parts are good, diversity in manufacturers is good, everyone has their preference, and nobody is going to be swayed from their preference by brow beating and berating them. The only way someone will sway from their chosen manufacturer is to have something else in their hands that is clearly superior in their mind, but often the price of a superior saw will make it unobtainable or cost prohibitive to the average consumer.