High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

PAST Late July 2016 MN GTG at the Dodgegeeks (July 22-24)

dieselfitter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted a note over on Hawgz as well. I would be interested in knowing more about the races, vintage saws? classes? chain limitations? I would try to make this if I can.

Mark
Sarah will be able to clarify.
I believe the requirement for eligibility in vintage class is that the saw was not factory equipped with a chain brake.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hope yall have ear plugs or muffs. My son and I are going to both run the Poulan.
Question????.
Is there going to be a log or 2 to tune saws on?

Sarahdodgegeek

Creepy Treemonkey Groupie
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey. Folks, been a little wrapped up in the treemonkey raffle stuff and some crazy work schedule... we'll fire up a littler more conversion after the holiday weekend in this subject- hope y'all have Great 4th of July, celebrating the independence of this great country! [emoji16]

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, alright, our little mini truck getting vacation is over, time to turn our attention to getting a gtg ready!!!

Here's the tentative schedule to refresh everything:

Friday - come on over, feel free to camp on our property or stay at one of the local hotels (If you're from out of town, look at the town of North Branch- closest hotels) Hang out, compare saws, talk saws, cut wood.
Saturday - Morning - breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, let's not kid ourselves.Commence to talking saws & cutting wood into smaller pieces.
Midday (around 1) we'll head up to the Chisago County fair at Rush City to set up for races that start around 4pm. (1 town north of us) We have been hosting a chainsaw racing event for the last 3 years there. It's informal, non-timed, meant to be fun. Classes include Stock & Modified, all sizes, and antiques. It's developed a decent following at the fair, we'd love to have you there so we've got a big crew! And if you've got your family with you, they have a whole county fair to walk around if they get bored.
Afternoon / evening - check out the fair & head on back to the Dodgegeek's house (Andy & Sarah) for more chainsaw talk & camp fire & things & stuff.
Sunday - Sleep in, recover, whatever you need, and head on home.
Hope to see you there! Please indicate if you'll be attending, so we're sure to have enough stuff!

Menu - I'm staying pretty casual on this front. When I try to over plan, it usually doesn't work well for me!
Friday:
Snacks throughout the afternoon
Dinner: Northern pike fish fry bonus for early arrivers around 7 pm
Saturday:
Breakfast (probably serving around 8 am)Bacon & something else. (Long as there's bacon, who cares?)
Snacks throughout the day
Dinner- (probably around 7 again) for those who haven't already fended for themselves on fair food, we'll pass the hat and order pizzas- we have a great pizza place nearby.
Sunday:
Breakfast of bacon and whatever for those remaining. (Served when we're up and ready to eat)
Feel free to bring something to share as well.

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So... that having been said, who's coming! I'll start there list with a few I think have already said they're coming (I ain't gonna git all y'all, so don't take no offense)

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Jonsered racket /Dale /Adam
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip

Please add or subtract as needed.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip
Philbert

Sarahdodgegeek

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
"Truck getting vacation"?
2b26134de71e5ba35a12a5bf6fe2d7ec.jpg

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am very frustrated to have to say I won't be able to make it. I am in Minneapolis for work Monday to Wednesday that week but have to be back in Winnipeg for Thursday and Friday. I had really hoped to be able to push my travel to the end of the week but that is a no go. I'm likely even travelling with someone else so won't even be able to take the long way hope for a drop in fly by...

That being said if Philbert or someone wants to pick up my MMWS MS660 from Plymouth and take it to the GTG I would be happy to have it run there (as long as someone posts video so I know how awesome it is).

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip
Philbert
Wkend Lumberjak plus 2

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So... that having been said, who's coming! I'll start there list with a few I think have already said they're coming (I ain't gonna git all y'all, so don't take no offense)

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip