High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST First annual Hawg Days of Summer GTG June 10, 11 and 12th

Who's interested and who is coming for sure?

• Total voters

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This will be the first GTG that I am helping host so please be patient with me.......I just hope that everything goes as planned!

Right now good but not so good. We have wood but it's not where I want it. I started 2 months with 2 other members ago dropping dead tree's and getting them out to the trail. I want to have all the logs at the GTG site instead of on the mountain but it hasn't been working out to well.

We got one load down, almost wrecked the dump truck and got stuck and that's when everything seemed pretty dry.

If worse come to worse we may have to drag the splitters up into the mountain to cut and split the wood and the club will just have to bring it down
In small cart loads with the side by side. I don't want to skid the logs to the site and get any more dirt and mud packed onto the logs.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here.

The stuff that we plan on providing will be....

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Pork butts or chicken (not sure which yet).
Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

blacksmithPinnacle OPE Member
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here.

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

@Duane(Pa) BBQ baked beans
@Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason

Last edited:

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will most likely make it down as it's about an hour away. I would be a day tripper bringing a side dish of something. Do you have enough splitters or axes etc....

Extra splitters and axes wouldn't be a bad idea to have on hand just in case someone that said that they are bringing a splitter don't show up.

Well have at least 2 to 3 splitters for sure.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I will do my best to keep this post up to date between both threads. So if you see that a name is not highlighted on the site you are on then they are a member of the opposite site.

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

@Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason
@PA Dan some bags of snacks chips, pretzels and stuff and some kind of desert.
@Chud I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc

Last edited:

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
blacksmith
New
Pinnacle OPE Member
New
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I'll do my best to make sure that the food post stays updated on both sites. If you see a name that is not highlighted on your site then they belong to the opposite site.

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

@Chud I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc
@SBK1980 Tee Bars (rolled oats, chunky peanut, honey, Nutella), drinks (water,soda, tea), will look into bringing other items too
@Walt a couple of skillet pies and a cheese plate.

Last edited:

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New
Pinnacle OPE Member
New
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I'll do my best to make sure that the food post stays updated on both sites. If you see a name that is not highlighted on your site then they belong to the opposite site.

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

@SBK1980 Tee Bars (rolled oats, chunky peanut, honey, Nutella), drinks (water,soda, tea), will look into bringing other items too.
@Walt a couple of skillet pies and a cheese plate
@eatonpcat I will bring some side dishes, snacks, treats for the kids and some other stuff! I will work on getting a little more specific!
@Backwoods Savage bakery goodies and maybe some Polish bread.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We were finally able to get some wood off of the mountain to the GTG site. We have all the wood off of the hill with the exceptions of about 2 or 3 loads which I plan on getting to that next week.

I am trying to up load some pictures but it won't let me and it keeps giving me an error.

There's a decent pile all for cutting and splitting with the exception of 5 red oak logs that I hauled up there from a job that me and @Scotty Overkill did. I set those aside for milling in case anyone would want to mill some boards to take home.

Me and Scotty both will have our mills there for people to use. Or you can bring your own if you choose.

If we burn through the pile there is a pretty big double ash tree on the muzzle loader range that they would like taken down that would add to that cutting and splitting pile. There will be two Kubota's with grapples and dump truck and dump trailer that can make quick work of clean up and to keep the splitters fed.

There are also some tree's up on the high power range that they want dropped so you can see the 300 yard target from more benches.