High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST First annual Hawg Days of Summer GTG June 10, 11 and 12th

Who's interested and who is coming for sure?

• Total voters

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanted to make sure before I posted this but we'll be having a raffle.

@SBK1980 and his wife will be donating a few things to be raffled off. He makes beautiful hand forged knives and does all of his own leather work on the sheaths. His wife will be adding a few wood turnes bowls and a possible hand carved dough bowl. They will also have a few of these items there for sale as well!

The club that is nice enough to let us have this GTG on the property will be donating a gift basket to the raffle as well.

Maybe a few more items added as time gets closer.

If anyone has anything that they would like to donate to the raffle please contact me through PM and I will update the raffle list.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
blacksmith
New
Pinnacle OPE Member
New
blacksmithPinnacle OPE Member
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I'll do my best to make sure that the food post stays updated on both sites. If you see a name that is not highlighted on your site then they belong to the opposite site.

The stuff that we plan on providing will be....

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Pork butts or chicken (not sure which yet).
Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

@Duane(Pa) BBQ baked beans
@Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason
@PA Dan some bags of snacks chips, pretzels and stuff and some kind of desert.
@Chud I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc
@SBK1980 Tee Bars (rolled oats, chunky peanut, honey, Nutella), drinks (water,soda, tea), will look into bringing other items too
@Walt a couple of skillet pies and a cheese plate.

Its looking like ill be bringing 4 to 6 kielbasa breads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I could be there. Wanted to bring several saws and a few guns.

Unfortunately, family functions will preclude it for this year.

To add insult to injury, I don't see any GTGs in NY or CT over the last couple of years.

Very disappointing!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I could be there. Wanted to bring several saws and a few guns.

Unfortunately, family functions will preclude it for this year.

To add insult to injury, I don't see any GTGs in NY or CT over the last couple of years.

Very disappointing!

That sucks Mike! If all goes as planned we'll be having one next year.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New
Pinnacle OPE Member
New
As for food and who's bringing what. I guess instead of starting another thread for the food for this GTG I'll just put it here. I'll do my best to make sure that the food post stays updated on both sites. If you see a name that is not highlighted on your site then they belong to the opposite site.

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

Whatever other people are bringing if they could just copy and paste this post to your post put your name beside what you are planning on bringing. This way it will make it easier for people to see the whole list of what people are bringing. Thank you for your time and patience in advance!

@Wolverine Drinks/Ice - 2 liter soda's, case of water, couple gallon jugs of tea & lemonade - Jason
@Chud I’ll pack a few watermelons, an extra case or 2 of water, a couple pies, a bag of apples and oranges. The Mt Airy boys will probably have 2 liters of soda, chips, pretzels, pork rinds etc
@SBK1980 Tee Bars (rolled oats, chunky peanut, honey, Nutella), drinks (water,soda, tea), will look into bringing other items too.
@Walt a couple of skillet pies and a cheese plate
@eatonpcat I will bring some side dishes, snacks, treats for the kids and some other stuff! I will work on getting a little more specific!
@Backwoods Savage bakery goodies and maybe some Polish bread.
@Glock37 Its looking like ill be bringing 4 to 6 kielbasa breads.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanted to make sure before I posted this but we'll be having a raffle.

@SBK1980 and his wife will be donating a few things to be raffled off. He makes beautiful hand forged knives and does all of his own leather work on the sheaths. His wife will be adding a few wood turnes bowls and a possible hand carved dough bowl. They will also have a few of these items there for sale as well!

The club that is nice enough to let us have this GTG on the property will be donating a gift basket to the raffle as well.

Maybe a few more items added as time gets closer.

If anyone has anything that they would like to donate to the raffle please contact me through PM and I will update the raffle list.

More items for the raffle....
@psuiewalsh I'll donate this too for the Stihl guys. 14mm hard-nose.
@psuiewalsh I would like to add this to your raffle. 20" .058 D009,large Husqvarna. Chains and bar are new.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Silvey RS II (sold)

Right now I have no interest in shipping this thing. The stand in particular is a real pain to ship.

So, since I will be attending this GTG and could easily bring it with me, I thought I would mention it.

Last edited:

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Paper plates
Cutlery
Napkins
Cups
Apple sausage
Brisket
Hamburgers and hotdogs

@SBK1980 Tee Bars (rolled oats, chunky peanut, honey, Nutella), drinks (water,soda, tea), will look into bringing other items too.
@Walt a couple of skillet pies and a cheese plate, coffee cake.
@eatonpcat I will bring some side dishes, pepperoni rolls, snacks, treats for the kids and some other stuff! I will work on getting a little more specific!
@Backwoods Savage bakery goodies and maybe some Polish bread.
@Glock37 Its looking like ill be bringing 4 to 6 kielbasa breads.
@Hall84 Chorizo dip and tortilla chips.
@TurboDiesel I'll bring baked mac-n-cheese. And any other side dish you need (hot or cold), just holler, @blacksmith.
@brenndatomu we will be in there area on vacation all week (well, starting tomorrow) so the plan is to pick some things up locally on Thursday, so if anyone notices a "hole" in the menu, let me know, we will try to fill it as best possible, as the ole PA supply chain allows.

Last edited:

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is still time to change plans, but the report I have been watching is calling for rain Saturday morning.

Yeah I know that sucks. Hopefully it won't be to bad. At least there's a nice big pavilion or the clubhouse to wait it out if it gets that bad.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601

I went back today and placed some signs to help guide people to the GTG more easily.

You will be getting off of I-99 at the Pinecroft exit. You will go straight through the light until you hit a stop sign, turn left. Go up the road and make the first right hand turn (I have a sign there).
Stay on that road till you hit the cross roads continue straight (I have a sign there).
Stay on that road till you get to the next sign, you will turn right and go down a dirt road.
When you see the range bear to the left and turn left past the clubhouse (I have a sign there).

We are across the creek on the skeet/trap range.

If you get there before the GTG starts and you want to shoot please check into the clubhouse and let them know that you are there for the GTG.

Rules: Anyone riding 4 wheelers or side by sides please tread lightly and don't tear up the ground.
Ask them what trails that you are allowed on because there are adjoining properties that we need to stay off of.

If you open any gates please close them behind you (especially in the fenced in area).

Alcohol is allowed but it is to be kept in the GTG area ONLY. No drinking before running the saws or shooting on the range. Let's please keep the alcohol to evening hours.

For anyone who has a PA fishing license you are allowed to fish in the stream that runs through the property except between the bridges by the parking lot. It is a very small stream with native trout. Although there are some larger streams near but within a few miles if you want to fish some bigger water.

The pond is off limits, it is only for club members.

I know that most of the stuff that I posted here is common sense but I still have to do this.

Lets everyone have some fun cutting, shooting, eating and enjoying the company of our fellow man!

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601

I went back today and placed some signs to help guide people to the GTG more easily.

You will be getting off of I-99 at the Pinecroft exit. You will go straight through the light until you hit a stop sign, turn left. Go up the road and make the first right hand turn (I have a sign there).
Stay on that road till you hit the cross roads continue straight (I have a sign there).
Stay on that road till you get to the next sign, you will turn right and go down a dirt road.
When you see the range bear to the left and turn left past the clubhouse (I have a sign there).

We are across the creek on the skeet/trap range.

If you get there before the GTG starts and you want to shoot please check into the clubhouse and let them know that you are there for the GTG.

Rules: Anyone riding 4 wheelers or side by sides please tread lightly and don't tear up the ground.
Ask them what trails that you are allowed on because there are adjoining properties that we need to stay off of.

If you open any gates please close them behind you (especially in the fenced in area).

Alcohol is allowed but it is to be kept in the GTG area ONLY. No drinking before running the saws or shooting on the range. Let's please keep the alcohol to evening hours.

For anyone who has a PA fishing license you are allowed to fish in the stream that runs through the property except between the bridges by the parking lot. It is a very small stream with native trout. Although there are some larger streams near but within a few miles if you want to fish some bigger water.

The pond is off limits, it is only for club members.

I know that most of the stuff that I posted here is common sense but I still have to do this.

Lets everyone have some fun cutting, shooting, eating and enjoying the company of our fellow man!
Sounds like a great way to spend some time with my friends. Thanks for all you guys did to make this available to us!

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a great way to spend some time with my friends. Thanks for all you guys did to make this available to us!

No problem Duane I just hope we have enough wood and food! Hahaha hopefully everything goes smooth and everyone has a good time that's the goal.