High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Guess what saw is coming back for it's 4th or 5th "Encore"?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want one of these...don’t make two *s-wordts to me what folks opinions are...they wouldn’t bring it back if it wasn’t a kick-ass saw, or a losing proposition, business-wise...bottom line! The 372 is a fine machine. And I’ve got as bad a mix of saws as any *f-wordk up can have...but I want one!

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can agree with banning the lead … but IMO competition would have resulted in the other engine improvements. If a competitor makes a car with 500 Hp that gets 25 MGP Hwy, you can not compete with one that gets only 12 MPG.
The only engine improvements domestic manufacturers were making was for road racing and the drag strip. There were no 500 horse 25 mpg cars in the 60's, but there were 500 horse small blocks and big blocks getting single digit fuel economy numbers. The Japanese manufacturers crippled the domestic car market by creating the exact competition you mentioned, but only after the EPA stepped in. There really wasn't a buyer for small, fuel efficient cars before the EPA, so the Japanese builders could not compete in the USDM.

There are some areas the government has overstepped, but they are generally few and you only think they overstepped because large corporations make you think so. The only person losing money with regulation are businesses, not consumers. I'm so glad I don't have to smell the stench of dirty paper/pulp wood plants, smoggy coal plants, etc. etc.

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only engine improvements domestic manufacturers were making was for road racing and the drag strip. There were no 500 horse 25 mpg cars in the 60's, but there were 500 horse small blocks and big blocks getting single digit fuel economy numbers. The Japanese manufacturers crippled the domestic car market by creating the exact competition you mentioned, but only after the EPA stepped in. There really wasn't a buyer for small, fuel efficient cars before the EPA, so the Japanese builders could not compete in the USDM.

There are some areas the government has overstepped, but they are generally few and you only think they overstepped because large corporations make you think so. The only person losing money with regulation are businesses, not consumers. I'm so glad I don't have to smell the stench of dirty paper/pulp wood plants, smoggy coal plants, etc. etc.

Don't we all need paper products and coal for electric production.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl guys in the Husky thread again. Like ants at a picnic. :rolleyes:
While I run Stihl equipment, I can tell you that that Husky pretty much owns the tree service market around here and the 372xp is the primary saw. Straightforward to repair; when they finally wear out, they're kept around for parts. Owners are too busy keeping up with repairs on big stuff like bucket trucks, chippers, stump grinders, track steers, etc., so they will keep running the reliable 372's as long as they can. Not that the 572xp isn't selling; a large tree company just about cleaned out the local Husky shop last week.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Spike60 - May be a stretch here, but if they are bringing the 372 back, does that mean OE jugs & pistons are available for it and the 372XPW 75cc variant?

51.4mm top end is gone for good. 50mm top ends should be available for a good long while yet. They've got almost 300 in stock. All the single ring versions. The 2 ring kit was really a US deal and has always been listed as an "EPA" part. The underrated 48mm 365 kit is also in good supply.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While I run Stihl equipment, I can tell you that that Husky pretty much owns the tree service market around here and the 372xp is the primary saw. Straightforward to repair; when they finally wear out, they're kept around for parts. Owners are too busy keeping up with repairs on big stuff like bucket trucks, chippers, stump grinders, track steers, etc., so they will keep running the reliable 372's as long as they can. Not that the 572xp isn't selling; a large tree company just about cleaned out the local Husky shop last week.

Yup, there's no mystery with the 372's and companies do consider them a standard saw to have in the fleet, just like you said. When it's time for another one, just go grab it. And the old ones serve as a supply of crash parts for the accidents that happen so often. While all of us here make a clear distinction between the OE and XT models, for most of the market other than "they changed them a little a few years ago, a 372 is a 372.

I also think the 365XT will come back along side the 372, but where that fits in a crowded line up I don't know. o_O

PJLink

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
51.4mm top end is gone for good. 50mm top ends should be available for a good long while yet. They've got almost 300 in stock. All the single ring versions. The 2 ring kit was really a US deal and has always been listed as an "EPA" part. The underrated 48mm 365 kit is also in good supply.

Thank you, sir. Good to know. I love my 372/XPW. May pick up another complete power head and or a top end "just incase".

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Bob - do you think you can talk Husky into adding two more transfer ports to the 71cc cylinder and a Dykes ring piston? That would be pretty sweet...

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't we all need paper products and coal for electric production.
The paper products are still made here and coal is still burned, but the EPA has mandated pollution controls to limit the toxic waste from both industries. Burning coal releases heavy metals into the atmosphere, just like burning leaded gasoline, but there are exhaust scrubbers in place now that capture these heavy metals. There are many other parts to both industries I'm not covering, just sharing examples.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way the EPA rates saw emissions is ridiculous! It is simply based on the particles per hour for a specific size saw.

Meaning it is beneficial to give up 20% performance to obtain 5% improvement in emissions! As a result, you just work longer and produce more emissions!

I worked in Gov for over 30 years, I know how stupid things can get!

The closing of Mental Health facilities based on pre determined numbers (instead of on actual assessments) is a good example, and is often reflected in the problems we are having in our inner cities when the police have to deal with dangerous mentally ill individuals who should be institutionalized.

I can tell you that many Program Directors were panicked about who they had to release. When I shared these concerns with upper management, it fell on deaf ears and I was basically labeled as a trouble maker.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The way the EPA rates saw emissions is ridiculous! It is simply based on the particles per hour for a specific size saw.

Meaning it is beneficial to give up 20% performance to obtain 5% improvement in emissions! As a result, you just work longer and produce more emissions!

I worked in Gov for over 30 years, I know how stupid things can get!

The closing of Mental Health facilities based on pre determined numbers (instead of on actual assessments) is a good example, and is often reflected in the problems we are having in our inner cities when the police have to deal with dangerous mentally ill individuals who should be institutionalized.

I can tell you that many Program Directors were panicked about who they had to release. When I shared these concerns with upper management, it fell on deaf ears and I was basically labeled as a trouble maker.

I'll PM you, although nobody seems to care about thread drift now.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't forget folks while I kinda hate how the EPA goes after small engines the way they do, some good has come out of it as it drives innovation. Look how motorsport evolves like F1, as cars get faster and faster each year they bring in new specification regs to slow them down. The companies innovate to gain speed, that's why they change gear in a billionth of a second, that's why we have Strato charged saw cylinders. If there is nothing to overcome, things stagnate and don't progress. I don't think saws like the 572xp or MS462 are bad choices, i'd own either & be quite happy.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can agree with banning the lead … but IMO competition would have resulted in the other engine improvements. If a competitor makes a car with 500 Hp that gets 25 MGP Hwy, you can not compete with one that gets only 12 MPG.
Unless that 12 MPG vehicle makes 4 digit horespower, which is increasingly likely.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likely part of the reason Ford took so long to offer the public a overhead cam V-8 is because NASCAR banned it during the 60s.

The stock 427 SOHC 4 bbl engine produced 616 HP, but racers like MT and Gas Rhonda had injected versions that produced a lot more.

One of my wife's cousins has one of MT's former engines:

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_155252806.jpg
    IMG_20190728_155252806.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 32

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My not stock 1968 396 Camaro and got 18 mpg combined city/highway and I had a 1965 400 HP 409 Impalla that got 20 mpg on the highway. I had a 396 Nova that also got a bit better than 20 mpg on the highway. The only single digit fuel milage big block I had was an LS6. 4 mpg, in a Nova. If those old sloppy cammed big block cars had modern closed loop fuel systems and auto timing adjustments, they'd be well over 30 mpg. The main thing that made those big blocks work was the higher fuel quality of the day. I remember a blown 4:71 small block Nova and blown 4:71 small block 23T bucket roadster that both got 18 mpg. The roadster ran 9's the Nova 10's. That was the early 80's.

Today's factory hotrods are simply amazing. Factory 9 second Demons, 9 & 10 second electric luxury sedans , as well as 5 & 6 second street cars with turbo 615 inch big blocks getting 11 mpg and driving over 1000 miles to the tracks while pulling a trailer no less. But today you can just buy horsepower, back then you had to build it. It was a time when most speed secrets had to be discovered, now they are pretty much known.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My no g stock 1968 396 Camaro and got 18 mpg combined city/highway and I had a 1965 400 HP 409 Impalla that got 20 mpg on the highway. I had a 396 Nova that also got a bit better than 20 mpg on the highway. The only single digit fuel milage big block I had was an LS6. 4 mpg, in a Nova. If those old sloppy cammed big block cars had modern closed loop fuel systems and auto timing adjustments, they'd be well over 30 mpg. The main thing that made those big blocks work was the higher fuel quality of the day. I remember a blown 4:71 small block Nova and blown 4:71 small block 23T bucket roadster that both got 18 mpg. The roadster ran 9's the Nova 10's. That was the early 80's. Today's factory hotrods are simply amazing. But today you can just buy horsepower, back then you had to build it. It was a time when most speed secrets had to be discovered, now they are pretty much known.

I'd like to meet the man who made that T hook up.