High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Guess what saw is coming back for it's 4th or 5th "Encore"?

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At some point I think you just need to move on. But I would guess that so many still ask for the 372 Husqvarna feels they may lose some customers without that model.
@andyshine77 , was / is the 372 a good saw, I had a new one but sold it
after a months work as I only bought it for the job in hand, so no durability issues for me.

But others I know said the bearings went at very low hours,
and some said cases got trashed where bearings got loose
in the housings.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t help but wonder why they didn’t just make a standard carbed version of the 572.
Indeed, that would have been a step in the right direction, but then again they
have a factory churning out the 372 saws for countries with less stringent emission criteria, so why not keep them around, interesting how they can now
get them to comply with EPA and such, maybe they changed something
other than the carb.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that is great news Bob. Don't know what the pricing will be, but hope it is reasonable.

IMO, it makes perfect sense. While it may not make the power of a 572 I believe it is a good deal lighter. So, if it is lighter and less expensive, I'll bet there is still a good market for it.

Although I'm a Stihl guy, that was always the Husky saw I respected the most.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I know the 372xt meets EPA regulations, so no problem there.

On still being able to sell "dirty saws" If you sell x amount of engines that produce x amount of emissions you get credits to sell x amount fo dirty engines. That's how it was here in the states, not sure if it still applies, and I have on idea about what other countries do.

Last edited:

jmester

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder if this will be a short run. Like stihl did with the MS 440. Where they quit stocking and selling them only to bring them back for a bit.

I like the idea of having a choice between the old 372 and the new 572.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This should keep the 372 parts supply going. :) And some more Xt’s that can be turned into OE’s. :D
Yes, because XT’s are an insult to an OE lol. Really. It should have been called the 472 to avoid confusion with the OE. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad saw. Good worksaw. But heavier and less powerful than an OE.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Indeed, that would have been a step in the right direction, but then again they
have a factory churning out the 372 saws for countries with less stringent emission criteria, so why not keep them around, interesting how they can now
get them to comply with EPA and such, maybe they changed something
other than the carb.
Lots to agree with here. I also like the affect things like this have on parts production. A good parallel is the 288, they’re still produced in Brazil and sold in many countries where epa restrictions don’t exist. Bonus for us stateside is we can still get nearly all the OEM parts our hearts desire. Seems like the legends will never die and the 372 is probably king of that list for Husqvarna

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, because XT’s are an insult to an OE lol. Really. It should have been called the 472 to avoid confusion with the OE. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad saw. Good worksaw. But heavier and less powerful than an OE.

Honestly the Xtorq is probably a better out of the box runner IMO, definitely has the grunt I prefer over the OE.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t help but wonder why they didn’t just make a standard carbed version of the 572.
This...I was gonna post this word 4 word. I think the simple minded consumer lumps any new AT Husky saw in the same basket as the early problematic 550/562's. Even though their issues were cooling system not AT. They trust the 372, while Husky is at it they may as well bring back the 346xp.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's simple to me, keep the 372 because it has name recognition with your customers, not everyone likes change, some like what they are used to, plus loggers in my area often scavenge parts from one saw to fix another to keep running. Carbs are simple and easy to change even at a job site.