High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Guess what saw is coming back for it's 4th or 5th "Encore"?

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's simple to me, keep the 372 because it has name recognition with your customers, not everyone likes change, some like what they are used to, plus loggers in my area often scavenge parts from one saw to fix another to keep running. Carbs are simple and easy to change even at a job site.
I agree, and so do Husky, they took a stab at updating what never needed updating, and will for a long time be remembered for that fiasco.
The likes of the 372 did the job with little trouble, and now they are selling
it again just goes to show the old tech didn’t need to go away to please the epa.

Maybe they will make it a bit lighter, update the air filter and carb, maybe
even the porting, inlet and outlet, very small changes in these areas would be all
the update that saw would need, they could have just strapped on the AT to it
without designing those other atrocities and tested it on a known good platform,
who knows what they were thinking when they saw the need to modernise one
of the simplest tools made.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will say this as well, the xtorq while not getting the love the OE gets...is still a damn fine 70cc work saw. We had one when I was logging that the company owned and it was surprisingly effective and very affordable to purchase.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at one.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This...I was gonna post this word 4 word. I think the simple minded consumer lumps any new AT Husky saw in the same basket as the early problematic 550/562's. Even though their issues were cooling system not AT. They trust the 372, while Husky is at it they may as well bring back the 346xp.
The way husky seemed to deny there was a problem was a big part of it to . Stihl at least took ownership if the issues . My uncle went through at least 5 661 mtronic
And stihl just gave him a new one off the shelf every time

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, and so do Husky, they took a stab at updating what never needed updating, and will for a long time be remembered for that fiasco.
The likes of the 372 did the job with little trouble, and now they are selling
it again just goes to show the old tech didn’t need to go away to please the epa.

Maybe they will make it a bit lighter, update the air filter and carb, maybe
even the porting, inlet and outlet, very small changes in these areas would be all
the update that saw would need, they could have just strapped on the AT to it
without designing those other atrocities and tested it on a known good platform,
who knows what they were thinking when they saw the need to modernise one
of the simplest tools made.
Curious about this as well. What if any changes are going to be made.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Redmax has AT saws?

Last I looked only AT saw for Red Max was a relabeled Jonsered 2252; the red version of the Husky 545.

The fact that RM is selling whatever they call the Jonny 2172 makes it easier for Husky to continue to sell the 372. If the chassis is still being made, why not produce the far better selling 372 along side of the red one?

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
kinda makes you wonder if this whole thing was about EPA at all...I mean you have to assume they "CAN'T" make them because they couldn't get to new higher EPA numbers...but alas...its only about "Sales" numbers....

Haven't run a 572 yet so my opining means poo... we don't get too many people buying "real size" saws in Husky round these parts.

Just like GM and Ford said they couldn't meet emissions standards in the 70's and then Honda did it with a carb and no catalytic converter. I find the EPA has done nothing but bring us better and better engines by forcing the manufacturers to innovate and adapt.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last I looked only AT saw for Red Max was a relabeled Jonsered 2252; the red version of the Husky 545.

The fact that RM is selling whatever they call the Jonny 2172 makes it easier for Husky to continue to sell the 372. If the chassis is still being made, why not produce the far better selling 372 along side of the red one?

Totally agree.

I was only wondering if mother Husky was going to let RM stay stagnant or keep it up to date.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just like GM and Ford said they couldn't meet emissions standards in the 70's and then Honda did it with a carb and no catalytic converter. I find the EPA has done nothing but bring us better and better engines by forcing the manufacturers to innovate and adapt.

You must be forgetting about the 70s and 1st half of the 80s! Even some of the late 60s cars had EGR systems we removed as soon as we saw them.

I don't believe that innovation would not have occurred w/o the government's "help", but the path may have been different.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And we.dontmget Redmax in Ireland,.so the.372.will be welcomed.
We can still get the 365 here, maybe we won't get the 372 at all, it will mess up pricing given most people know to mod the 365 anyway and save a little cash, and it takes a while for new stock to get.on the shelves here, I think the dealers buy in bulk and like to clear what they have first.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You must be forgetting about the 70s and 1st half of the 80s! Even some of the late 60s cars had EGR systems we removed as soon as we saw them.

I don't believe that innovation would not have occurred w/o the government's "help", but the path may have been different.
We would still be burning leaded gas and giving ourselves heavy metal poisoning without the EPA. Sure, there were some issues with cars in the 70's and 80's, but now we have 500 HP Corvettes that have less emissions than an old VW Beetle and average 25+ MPG highway.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is all a matter of "how much" regulation, I'm not saying that "none" is good, but the Government has a habit of over stepping.
Generally speaking, I would agree, the government does overstep at times. In this case the EPA ended low level atmospheric heavy metal poisoning, made our cars more fuel efficient, more powerful, and faster. There are some downsides in the form of cost and complexity, but I find the cleaner air and more efficient engines to be worthwhile. Your Mustang would never exist without the EPA.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl guys in the Husky thread again. Like ants at a picnic. :rolleyes:

Hey, I haven't made any bad comments! Just because I'm a Stihl fan does not mean I don't like this thread or 372s!

In fact, I'm happy for you Bob. I'm sure the new 572 has improved business, and I hope the return of the 372 does more of the same.

I like to see good saws from all the companies!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Generally speaking, I would agree, the government does overstep at times. In this case the EPA ended low level atmospheric heavy metal poisoning, made our cars more fuel efficient, more powerful, and faster. There are some downsides in the form of cost and complexity, but I find the cleaner air and more efficient engines to be worthwhile. Your Mustang would never exist without the EPA.

I can agree with banning the lead … but IMO competition would have resulted in the other engine improvements. If a competitor makes a car with 500 Hp that gets 25 MGP Hwy, you can not compete with one that gets only 12 MPG.