Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like I'm going to be doing another 359. The last one I did, I elected to not do machine work on it because the intake was already at 80. I'd like to cut the squish on this next one, but I want to keep the intake up at 80...maybe even a little higher. Was wanting to understand best practice for doing the whole epoxy thing.

That seems like a good one to use this on Greg. Let me know how it turns out please.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like I'm going to be doing another 359. The last one I did, I elected to not do machine work on it because the intake was already at 80. I'd like to cut the squish on this next one, but I want to keep the intake up at 80...maybe even a little higher. Was wanting to understand best practice for doing the whole epoxy thing.

Something to keep in mind Greg. Two stroke ports are measured in Time.....and by Area. If you have too much time.....make damn sure you don't add more area. In other words, on some engines you can get by with a little too much duration, as long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking every port must be widened.

Does that make sense?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something to keep in mind Greg. Two stroke ports are measured in Time.....and by Area. If you have too much time.....make damn sure you don't add more area. In other words, on some engines you can get by with a little too much duration, as long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking every port must be widened.

Does that make sense?
Yes sir, that makes sense!