High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's coming, Keith and Brian. Over the last couple of years, I've worked on everything from a servo-driven model with pneumatic linear actuators that function a bit like a Timberline to a basic clamp to a basic clamp with built-in roller guides for square filing.

On the fully auto stand; we're working on the depth gauge part and looking for the proper cutters for the part that bores through the bit. $22 bucks or whatever the timberline one cost is too steep, but it has to be a cutter, not a stone. So those are aspects I'm working on. Frankly, the clamp with the guides is my favorite plan so far. I expect tho have the two clamp models squared away by the end of summer. And I still use the original BA Makes his Stand model. lol

True That, BY LJ and Brewz. I'm a sprocket nose greaser. For the most part, I've gone to Oregon Bars over 25" because they can be greased. It irritates the hell out of me that some guys will not grease them because their Dad told them it would, "attract dirt," or bark or what ever superstitious counter-intuitive crap that stems from. I go for logical, systematic, routine and intervallic maintenance based on the severity of usage and conditions. I would add to your list, 'Sprocket Nose Replacement,' and 'bar groove closer/space between rail maintenance.' The later really falls under bar dressing.
Once you get it figured out just send it my way for testing

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't you love it when you buy a saw and it comes with a bar and chain, and you get to see how others look after their gear.

My latest purchase (066) came with this chain that has been sharpened in a very interesting way.
It looks like he has filed down the top edge to make a v shaped chisel.
cross filed angles vary from 10 to 30 degrees and some of the rakers have been riled at random angles.

I wonder if he sold the saw because it wouldn't cut?

I am going to keep it as is and when I get the saw cleaned up and running to my standards, I will give it a go in some timber.
I am going to have to video it.
It might turn out to be a super race chain design that no one thought of yet?

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Brewz, I had something similar happen to a loop of stihl RS I had on my 346. I noodled some apple wood rounds with it and when I was finished it looked like that, just not near as bad. I never did snap a pic, just converted it to square till all was gone.
EDIT: I didn't file mine to get that, it just happened during noodling. And I knew it pretty quick as it took a lot of pushing to get it to cut. Quit soon after. My guess is you will have to pry up pretty hard.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is possible that it was ran dull long enough to get that way maybe not but I've seen the top chrome worn way back I sharpen friends chains and saw similar not saying someone didn't try to file that sucker that way

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't you love it when you buy a saw and it comes with a bar and chain, and you get to see how others look after their gear.

My latest purchase (066) came with this chain that has been sharpened in a very interesting way.
It looks like he has filed down the top edge to make a v shaped chisel.
cross filed angles vary from 10 to 30 degrees and some of the rakers have been riled at random angles.

I wonder if he sold the saw because it wouldn't cut?

I am going to keep it as is and when I get the saw cleaned up and running to my standards, I will give it a go in some timber.
I am going to have to video it.
It might turn out to be a super race chain design that no one thought of yet?

View attachment 12317

View attachment 12318

fred-sanford-o.gif

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has definitely been filed that way

I can't wait to see how it cuts..... Or doesn't

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here comes Wrangler and he's one tough customer he knows what he likes when he sees it. Wranglerstar...
lol.JPG

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The PowerSharp chain has that top bevel - that's how it contacts the sharpening stone. But the 'top plate' is tilted back far enough so that the edge cuts, unlike a conventional chain with that grind. Really confuses some guys. I make the comparison to block planes and smooth planes used in woodworking: one is used bevel up and one is used bevel down, but they both work because of the different mounting angle of each planes' cutting iron/blade.
Screen shot 2016-03-04 at 7.32.35 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-03-04 at 7.37.48 PM.png

Philbert