Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a loop of Husky X-cut today to try sometime. Dang it's got to be the sharpest chain out of the box I've seen, and that hook is crazy. Just don't dull it, lol. That hook goes away after the first grind.
Husky says that every single component is made in Sweden. Nothing is out-sourced.

Last edited:

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a loop of Husky X-cut today to try sometime. Dang it's got to be the sharpest chain out of the box I've seen, and that hook is crazy. Just don't dull it, lol. That hook goes away after the first grind.
Husky says that every single component is made in Sweden. Nothing is out-sourced.

Good stuff,

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The c83 is some sick stuff. As far as the USG goes, after I save a little more money I'm going to get one. Been spending money like a drunken sailor lately. Bought a new surround sound, traded my ford explorer in for an f150...
What is the cost of the USG in USA dollars ?

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would like a better grinder but my 30$ one is doing great sharpening my milling chains so far.
Just a few times a year, it probably wouldnt last long doing it for hours every day...

The beauty.
Anyone else tried them?

Attachments

• 17-223_xl_1.jpg
    17-223_xl_1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 13

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would like a better grinder but my 30$ one is doing great sharpening my milling chains so far.
Just a few times a year, it probably wouldnt last long doing it for hours every day...

The beauty.
Anyone else tried them?
Had a similar one (in a different color). Was able to sharpen, but not my favorite style.

Philbert

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any tips on using the Stihl dressing block and the profile gauge? I expect it'll need a delicate approach.
Is profiling needed frequently? Stihl recommends a different right side radius than the left.

Last edited:

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any tips on using the Stihl dressing block and the profile gauge? I expect it'll need a delicate approach.
Is profiling needed frequently? Stihl recommends a different right side radius than the left.
If you;r not using a cbn wheel , which i recommend you will need to radius/ clean
the wheel with the Stihl dressing brick, It is a 4 inch granite looking stone with a
valley in one end that you place your wheel into as its running rocking back and forth
fora few seconds to clean and re profile with there is Stihl specific metal profile guage
that is used to refferance the profile to

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m currently running an old 511 Oregon grinder and I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I bought a dressing tool off Amazon and I have been meticulously dressing my stone as it gets dirty or used up. Totally changed my results and made it close to hand filed chains. I’m sure

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir but it changed my opinion on grinding entirely. I used one of these on my pink Oregon wheel.

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m a novice but with a vitrified stone wheel you’ll need to profile more often with dirty chains. If you can clean the grease off your chains that makes a big difference.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl recommends a different right side radius than the left.

Have not used the USG, but seen the illustration. If you look at how the wheel touches the cutter, it is mostly on one side and the rim. Until you flip the wheel to balance wear.

Philbert

Last edited:

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m currently running an old 511 Oregon grinder and I have finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I bought a dressing tool off Amazon and I have been meticulously dressing my stone as it gets dirty or used up. Totally changed my results and made it close to hand filed chains. I’m sure

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir but it changed my opinion on grinding entirely. I used one of these on my pink Oregon wheel.
Pretty slick, aren’t they?

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl has one wheel which they recommend for both 325 and 3/8 chains. Is that the case with a CBN wheel too? What's the advantage over the Stihl branded wheels?
Stihl has one wheel which they recommend for both 325 and 3/8 chains. Is that the case with a CBN wheel too? What's the advantage over the Stihl branded wheels?

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cbn wheels are specific 1 for 3/8, and one for 325
of course the wheels dont even need to be profiled but do tend to load up
with dirt and metal filings and a wire brush with the wheel turning does great
during use and I clean off after use with dawn dishsoap and rinse /dry off of the
machine

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like they make a CBN wheel for Stihl's 12mm arbor.