Considering a grinder finally

sundance

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So where's the best place to get one of these? Being the frugal bastage that I am.
Can't be bothered to google for yourself? Really frugal saving them electrons for later use.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Can't be bothered to google for yourself? Really frugal saving them electrons for later use.
As a matter of fact that had been done, sometimes in my experience many folks have found a not googled better option. If ya can't help, keep the bs out of here...

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sundance

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As a matter of fact that had been done, sometimes in my experience many folks have found a not googled better option. If ya can't help, keep the bs out of here...
So, post "best I've found with google is $??, anyone know of a better deal?"

Reckon that commonsense suggestion counts as more bs to you.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, post "best I've found with google is $??, anyone know of a better deal?"

Reckon that commonsense suggestion counts as more bs to you.
Google isn’t the answer to all life’s problems, bud. He simply asked a question, no need to jump him about it.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had an old guy in town that would sharpen anything. He could even solder new teeth on carbide circular saw blades. All of his stuff was better than new when you got it back.
Consider getting set up to sharpen planer/jointer blades as well as stuff like meat grinder plates and knives. Not many people out there that mess with it. You could do a lot with a surface grinder and a few jigs. That old fella was always busy.

We had a similar guy, Fred, who worked out of his own shop for 36 years. He could sharpen anything but he didn't do chainsaw or harvester chains - he left that to us. It was a sad day for the community when Fred closed up shop. Several professional seamstresses in the area got their sewing scissors sharpened by Fred for over 30 years.

Dom - you'd be providing a very valuable service to the community and I think it can pay quite well.

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the worksharp too. I think I have the extra attachment for axes and mower blades, but I don’t think I’ve ever used it.
Anyway, it’s a great tool to have handy. I mostly use it for my kitchen knives and find the convex edge really durable.
I’ll echo what was said earlier about practicing. I have a few knives with rounded points. It’s an awesome tool once you get the hang of it.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@TreeLife Thanks for the informative thread. I added an acct. at worksharp after reading up on them a bit more and a couple of days later got a e-mail mentioning some April special pricings. I was teetering on ordering and their offer was enuf to get me to pull the trigger and get the KO Elite.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@TreeLife Thanks for the informative thread. I added an acct. at worksharp after reading up on them a bit more and a couple of days later got a e-mail mentioning some April special pricings. I was teetering on ordering and their offer enuf to get me to pull the trigger and get the KO Elite.
No shame in that game good buddy. Going to really get cracking on some kitchen knives soon. I been so shy on time lately