High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He wasn't saying your buying of equipment was self centered. He was saying that not recognizing that someone isn't at the stage where they can buy those things is self centered.

There was a point in your life where you didn't have all the equipment you had now. You had to work with what you had until you felt it was necessary to buy a certain piece of equipment.

That's where I am. I am "making do" with a CSM and no heavy machinery. If there comes a point where it is logical, financially possible, and reasonable to spend $1000s on new or used equipment, I will.

Now, please: can we end this debate?

Are you really 25 years old like your profile says? If you are, you are the most mature 25 year old I think I have ever talked to. Who ever raised you did a good job, I'm sure the good Lord had a hand in it too. I wish we did live closer, I think we would get along great.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you really 25 years old like your profile says? If you are, you are the most mature 25 year old I think I have ever talked to. Who ever raised you did a good job, I'm sure the good Lord had a hand in it too. I wish we did live closer, I think we would get along great.
I'm actually 24. I lied about my birthday on my profile page because I don't see why the entire internet needs to know the day I was born.

And, yes: mom and God were a big influence. If it were my choice, I would have never become the man I am today. There were many times where either God, mom, or both stopped me from doing something that would have messed up my life.

I do wish I had a few good men near me. I have yet to find anyone worth becoming friends with. Most men aren't men nowadays and have no connection with God (or don't even want a connection with God). They lack integrity, honesty, confidence, forgiveness, level-headedness, self-awareness, fairness, or any combination of these. The biggest thing is this: most men (and women) do not want to better themselves in any substantial way.

I'm not saying I have all these qualities perfected (in fact, I am currently working on being more level-headed), but so few people want to strive to make those qualities better in themselves. I see it like a challenge from God Himself, because, in fact, it is. He wants us to be the best we can be so we can serve him effectively.

Anyway, I've ranted enough.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The more blunt the top angle the better finish cut is but you sacrifice some speed. I've had the best luck with semi-chisel chain at 10deg top plate and 50-55deg side plate (hook angle). The extra hook angle helps it self feed without having to take the rakers down to where it gets really grabby.

I did a lot of milling with a ported 395XP. I tried a 3/8 lopro setup on a 36" bar but with large cuts in read oak I was breaking the carlton chain I had. Maybe Stihl picco chain would have held up better.

I made my own mill and it was drilled through the bar and the center of the tip allowing for ~32" of cut from a 36" bar. At this length I had to add an aux oiler, just a drip feed on the tip to better oil cut cutting portion of the bar as a lot of oil is slung off the tip.

I'd say milling one decent log a day is a good goal, it's time consuming, tiring and dirty to chainsaw mill. I now have a Woodmiser LT30 that can cut up a log in 30 mins that would have taken 5-6 hours with the chainsaw mill.
I have found that your cut finish is very dependant on how tight your chain is. If there is too much slack you will get washboarding. Just a tip for the OP keep your chain as tight as you can in which you are not too hard on the power head.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found that your cut finish is very dependant on how tight your chain is. If there is too much slack you will get washboarding. Just a tip for the OP keep your chain as tight as you can in which you are not too hard on the power head.
Ah, OK! Makes sense. I've always just kept it tight enough to not hang, but are you saying it should be a tad tighter? I don't want to wear out sprockets too quickly or anything.

Reactions: Lnk

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm actually 24. I lied about my birthday on my profile page because I don't see why the entire internet needs to know the day I was born.

Most men aren't men nowadays and have no connection with God (or don't even want a connection with God). They lack integrity, honesty, confidence, forgiveness, level-headedness, self-awareness, fairness, or any combination of these. The biggest thing is this: most men (and women) do not want to better themselves in any substantial way.

Believing in a “God” or some some other deity is not a requisite for any of the qualities you list. It appears you are prejudging all people and rejecting all those who do not share your views as inferior and unworthy. Seems pretty narrow minded…

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah, OK! Makes sense. I've always just kept it tight enough to not hang, but are you saying it should be a tad tighter? I don't want to wear out sprockets too quickly or anything.
Too tight will be too hard on the power head, just follow your manual on chain tightness and you will be fine.
I’d your chain is sharp and your oiler is on full it will keep the chain cool enough in which you will not be constantly adjusting tension.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believing in a “God” or some some other deity is not a requisite for any of the qualities you list. It appears you are prejudging all people and rejecting all those who do not share your views as inferior and unworthy. Seems pretty narrow minded…
Being open minded is accepting the beliefs of others and understanding that even no belief in a god is still a belief in itself. this is a right in a free country and it’s really important that it be respected.

I agree judging people because of what they do or don’t believe makes this world a worse place than it has to be.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are putting words in my mouth.

I was not saying believing in God was a prerequisite for admirable traits. I was saying many men lack a combination of those traits, one of which was believing in God.

I also NEVER said those who believe in God are superior to those who don't. There are plenty of Christians I want absolutely nothing to do with because they are hypocrites. In the end, no one is superior than anyone else. The only difference true Christians have over nonbelievers is that our faults are accounted for by Jesus Christ for Almighty God.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being open minded is accepting the beliefs of others and understanding that even no belief in a god is still a belief in itself. this is a right in a free country and it’s really important that it be respected.

I agree judging people because of what they do or don’t believe makes this world a worse place than it has to be.

Amen! Whether you believe in a god or not is still a belief. It's impossible to prove there is no God.

I respect anyone's right to believe in whatever they want. I may not agree with it, but that right is unable to be taken away in my eyes.

DCSCO

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just purchased a g660pro for milling. The reason for joining this forum. Here in central NC, my oaks are mostly <24”. Poplars are <38”. Hickory, maple, birch and others are smaller than the oaks. Pines are all over.
I have the saw, looking for a 32’ extension ladder for the first cut. End game is to construct a roofed structure to park the tractor under.
while the Chinese made 660 may not be perfect, it will do what I need. Also ordered a high output oil pump for the 36” ripping chain/bar.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And, yes: mom and God were a big influence. If it were my choice, I would have never become the man I am today. There were many times where either God, mom, or both stopped me from doing something that would have messed up my life.

I do wish I had a few good men near me. I have yet to find anyone worth becoming friends with. Most men aren't men nowadays and have no connection with God (or don't even want a connection with God). They lack integrity, honesty, confidence, forgiveness, level-headedness, self-awareness, fairness, or any combination of these. The biggest thing is this: most men (and women) do not want to better themselves in any substantial way.

I'm not saying I have all these qualities perfected (in fact, I am currently working on being more level-headed), but so few people want to strive to make those qualities better in themselves. I see it like a challenge from God Himself, because, in fact, it is. He wants us to be the best we can be so we can serve him effectively.

Anyway, I've ranted enough.

Rant away brother. I made some bad decisions in my life. If God was talking, I wasn't listening. Then in 2005 I was in a really low place and God showed up. I listened that time and accepted him and followed him in baptism. Life is so much better with God in it.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just purchased a g660pro for milling. The reason for joining this forum. Here in central NC, my oaks are mostly <24”. Poplars are <38”. Hickory, maple, birch and others are smaller than the oaks. Pines are all over.
I have the saw, looking for a 32’ extension ladder for the first cut. End game is to construct a roofed structure to park the tractor under.
while the Chinese made 660 may not be perfect, it will do what I need. Also ordered a high output oil pump for the 36” ripping chain/bar.
Are you going to be making 32' long slabs? :eek:
Rant away brother. I made some bad decisions in my life. If God was talking, I wasn't listening. Then in 2005 I was in a really low place and God showed up. I listened that time and accepted him and followed him in baptism. Life is so much better with God in it.
Heck yeah, brother.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually, it is impossible to prove there is a “God”. I have yet to see any empirical evidence to prove there is.
This is going quite off topic. Let's take this to DMs.

Alternatively, I think there is a religion section of the forum?

Whichever you prefer.
;)

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, anyway...back to the original topic...

660 vs 395 for milling: is it generally accepted the 395 is better for milling? Is the stock oiler good enough on both saws for a 42" bar without an aux oiler?